“Mountain Trek Rocks!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
San Francisco, California
“Mountain Trek Rocks!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

One week since my return from my Mountain Trek reboot week in British Columbia, and I know this sounds repetitive, but my life has been transformed in so many ways. I now have the confidence that I can physically and mentally push myself beyond anything I previously thought possible. Climbing up mountains with our expert guides helped me to understand that there are no limits, only those we create for ourselves. My body loved every minute of it- working out hard, eating the most delicious gourmet organic meals,drinking lots of water, the exceptional massages and bodywork, the detox, the absence of stress, sleeping in the most incredible bed ever, and being in the most stunning location overlooking the Kootenay Lake and Purcell Mountain range (WOW) and sharing this with a fun and hard working group of staff and guests as well. My mind was stimulated as well with the exceptional lectures offered on fitness, nutrition, sleep, detox....- all spelled out so you can really understand the mechanics behind the method. This is the real deal folks! This is such a well thought out and executed program that you will (a) wish that you had stayed for 2 weeks, and (b) make a promise to yourself to return again. Weight loss is a given, but the most valuable part of this experience is the clarity gained, and what you take home with you when you return to reality - life changing tools for good health- now and in the future!. Thank You Mountain Trek-- You ROCK!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank NatureLove42

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I did MT for the second time in February at Rancho La Puerta and thought a comparison of the two programs might be useful. First, I lost the same amount of fat both times, so even though there were some differences the outcomes were the same for me.

The program in BC is more tightly focused and intimate - there are only the 16 people in the program and you all stay in one big lodge, while at RLP, there are a lot of other guests not doing the MT program and you stay in your own casita. At RLP you are still eating together with the other 15 Mountain Trekkers and hiking only with this group, but otherwise you're much more on your own. The accommodations at RLP are definitely more luxurious and spacious and I might choose this option if I were going with my husband. RLP also offers more other activities as the there are all sorts of classes you can take. I liked some of the offerings but I did find the choosing to be a little stressful. I actually enjoy the structured environment of the BC experience - for me having to make decisions is not fun, I want to think as little as possible and just do. The food is the same at both as MT staff come down and actually cook for you - the only difference is that RLP doesn't offer meat, only seafood, which wasn't a big deal for a week. The hiking is the same in that the senior guides come to RLP and the pace and length and instructions are all the same. I will say, I personally enjoyed the scenery more in BC - more wooded and alpine vs. desert starkness. The heat and dryness at RLP also bothered me somewhat, but everyone is different. The other difference at RLP is that you hike on the property only whereas in BC you're almost always driving to another location. It gives you a lot more free time in the afternoon (maybe 1-2 hrs) at RLP to relax or take classes but on the other hand the scenery and hiking is more varied in BC. I enjoyed both programs and am actually thinking about going back to BC again soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
11 Thank oscarfelix
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I thought I was pretty healthy in regards to lifestyle, fitness, and diet before I went there. By the end of it I'd lost almost an inch off my waist and gained muscle. More importantly I left with a lot more knowledge of what it takes to be truly healthy, beyond just the healthy eating and exercise aspects. They deal with other lifestyle factors which affect our health like stress, sleep, emotions, and mental and spiritual aspects. These things are often overlooked but they're all part of who we are as humans and not addressing them is sabotaging other efforts to be healthy. I came out with several more tools and a fresh way of looking at things. The program is extreme (lots of exercise), but the approach when it comes to an entire life is gentle. They show you how to do it, and show you that results can be obtained in a week or two, but they also teach you how to realistically integrate what you learn into your daily life. All the staff, from the guides to the physical therapists to the kitchen staff, are all friendly, approachable, and very knowledgable. If you're looking for a lifestyle change, I highly recommend it. They really are changing people's lives. As full disclosure I was an invited media guest of the lodge, but the words above are my true experiences and would never positively review something if I didn't believe it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Carlo A
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been to Mountain Trek twice. The first time was literally life changing - I learned so much and worked my body harder than I thought possible. The combination of yoga, hiking, massages and healthy delicious meals were enough to exceed my expectations. Beyond that though, I was most impressed with the educational components of the program. The instructors are knowledgeable, passionate and literally world class. I learned about the biology of metabolism, tricks for eating healthier, managing stress, the importance of sleep, and the benefits of detoxification. The exercise was intense, but it was worth it (and I lost 9 lbs).

The second trip was two years later and I felt that I knew what to expect. I did not expect the new hot tub though! The cold plunge pool, larger infrared sauna and the large hot tub really added a vacation element to the boot camp experience. Even though I had kept most of the weight off after my first trip, I was feeling sluggish after the holidays and needed a "KICKSTART" to get me re-motivated. The week accomplished that perfectly.

If you want to get off to a fast start for weight loss, or just detox and destress, sign up for Mountain Trek right now. i have not tried other fitness retreats, but on both trips there were guests that had attended more expensive retreats in Mexico, California, etc. and every single person said that Mountain Trek cannot be beat.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quite comparable. Register early and you have a chance of getting one of the l...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MisterDonair
North Carolina
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I went to Mountain Trek for the second time a few weeks ago. The second time was just as great as the first time. For those who are seeking a challenging but fun fitness vacation which will help rejuvenate your body, this is the place for you! The food is very good, albeit not a ton of it, but generally, you aren't hungry and don't miss the extra food. The staff is excellent and attentive and cater to each individual's fitness level. The day begins a protein smoothie and yoga/stretch class and then breakfast a short health seminar and then on to a day of hiking. The hiking is the best part. The hills will challenge you but in a good way. The group is divided into fitness levels so no one feels that they are holding someone else back. You hike about 4 hours a day and then return to the lodge for spa time and dinner and another fitness class. There is no television but wireless is available for those who need it and bring their electronic device. This is better than one place I went where you had to completely disconnect, which was too stressful for me!

Every person gets their own room. The rooms are not fancy but nice enough. You are not in your room very much during the day.

At the end of the week, you will feel proud of your accomplishment and will likely have enjoyed meeting new friends and seeing beautiful surrounding! The location is spectacular!

I will definitely go back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Carync6
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was an incredible experience. I went on the advice of a friend who had been before and traveled with her this year. It was an amazing experience. The whole concept of taking a week out of your life and focusing on resetting your priorities on you and what is important to you and your health is powerful. The lodge is in a beautiful setting and the lodge itself feels like home.
The guides at the lodge were wonderful, knowledgeable and so caring and helpful. The food is delicious so very healthy. The experience was very intense and you become immersed in health and fitness. From the 6am Yoga to 4hr hikes in the forest, it is a rejuvenating experience. And I learned something every day. I admit it was a expensive treat for me and the hiking was definitely strenuous but I am so happy with how I feel after having been through the experience I would definitely go again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank nataliep2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I recently went to Mountain Trek. I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor, but to be honest they did not do it justice. It was even better!! I convinced my husband to come on the trip with me and he certainly was skeptical before we left, but he says that it was one of the best things he ever did!! Mountain Trek taught me the right way to live. I have been applying the principles ever since I returned home and I can certainly say that it transformed the way I live my life. The food is amazing, lodge is wonderful and the staff is simply the best. They are so attentive to all your needs and really help you de-stress by taking away your need to make choices all day long. I am hoping to continue with all of the lessons I learned at Mountain Trek and I can't stress how much I enjoyed the trip. I think having my husband there really helped with integrating back home because we now have a common language and can be supportive of each other.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
#5 of 10 in Nelson
Ainsworth Motel
Ainsworth Motel
#1 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs

Been to Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa? Share your experiences!