I've been making the pilgrimage to Mermaid Lodge for roughly 33 years now and hadn't been back in awhile. I was so happy to see that Marsha and Neil still own and run the inn and it felt like coming home to an Auntie's house! Not much has changed in the upper rooms though I hear the kitchenettes have been remodeled. And that's what the charm is. Character, warmth, value, friendliness, hominess are becoming rare commodities in the hospitality biz. Yes, our room was dated but it was immaculate, well supplied, lovingly tended. And the view is spectacular, access great, grounds beautiful and private deck outstanding. I feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot by sharing this secret since I don't want it discovered and even moreso I don't want whiny discontents to muck up the little paradise Marsha and Neil have created. Be aware it's NOT a chain or modern hotel--for that I'd advise the nearby Ainsworth Resort hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clean, comfortable, newly renovated motel kitchenette units that will sleep 2-6 persons and modest, historical lodge units that will sleep 2-5 persons. All units have balconies with lake & mountain views and are conveniently located next door to the Ainsworth Hot Springs Pools and Cave. On-site outdoor BBQ and Jacuzzi/Hottub open year-round. Additional amenities include wireless Internet, satellite TV/Radio and complimentary pool towels. Don't want to drive here?? No problem, we can arrange shuttle service from Nelson Greyhound Bus Lines or Castlegar Airport to Ainsworth Hot Springs. You can also fly in to the new international airport in Cranbrook., B.C., Then rent a car for the scenic 3 hour drive to Ainsworth Hot Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Mermaid Lodge & Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mermaid Hotel Ainsworth Hot Springs
- Mermaid Lodge & Motel Ainsworth Hot Springs, Canada - British Columbia