“Lack of customer service and respect, SCAM artists & age discrimination at its finest.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2012

If you are planning on staying at a mundane hotel leaving much to be desired try Ainsworth Hot Springs.

I have never been so disappointed on a weekend getaway in my entire life. The false advertising their website provides is pathetic enough to make me want to run in the other direction, but the front desk and HORRIFIC management is what really made me question whether or not ANYONE can run a business these days.

Where I am from, like most communities, customer service is a valued part of running any successful business (especially a hospitality and tourism one at that). I work in the industry and am extremely appalled at the approach they take there. I will surely be telling everyone I know and more how awful the "resort" is and that ANY other location (their car or a rock bed) would be worth their time.

The overpriced box we were expected to enjoy seemed vast, but the fact that we were overcharged for our already overpriced box makes me question how many customers they have scammed. Check your receipts ASAP. They charge you before even seeing the room, and somehow our total came out a dollar more than the appropriate tax charges should have been. When we asked to speak to management regarding this she used profanity and asked "who we think we are?". They immediately became defensive upon realizing that we found out they had charged us over 14% tax. Unwilling to provide us with her name, or business license number, we will be alerting the BC Government regarding the fraud that occurred. If anyone else would like to step forward I will gladly pass their information along to Tourism there. After 12 TERRIBLE reviews, it's time something is done.

I am a well-travelled 22 year old female and the owner asked if I was even of "legal age" and "knew how to handle a situation like this". The real question is, do you? Because after the actions you have taken, the only thing I have to say is that social media is a powerful tool.

Tsk tsk Ainsworth.

Room Tip: Stay at the Kootenay Lake Lodge.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Fischyx
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Information provided on our website is accurate and includes terms and conditions naming the two accommodation taxes and cancellation policy. How those taxes are charged is set and monitored by the Government of British Columbia. Most properties require cash payment if a credit card is declined for room & taxes. We truly care about our guests and sincerely try to offer a great hot springs experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Wow!!! What a great suprise. The rooms have been updated with new bathrooms and beding and even a refridgerator. Try to stay on the 3rd floor as it links directly to the hotsprings. The hotsprings have also been updated with tile in the cave flooring so you aren't walking on gravel anymore. My wife and I stayed for 2 nights and had a great time.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the 3rd floor as it links directly to the hotsprings.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jboydpac
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
We thoroughly enjoyed your review, thank you very much. You will notice even more pleasant changes on your next visit, as our construction crew is beginning renovations in the pool change rooms next week. Thanks, again, for the lovely comments.
Eastport , Idaho
Reviewed 11 May 2012

After a wonderful soak, we had dinner and then breakfast at the restaurant at the hotel, both were delicious! They make their own breads and muffins and were they fantastic! I noticed a large family at another table, and the staff noticed that the very young and active boy on a booster seat might slide off the chair, he efficiently and kindly changed it to a chair w/ arms, while making it fun for the child. Our waiter was VERY knowledgeable about the beers, after a short exchange w/ husband, he suggested a local beer and it was greatly appreciated and enjoyed, as was the discussion.

Room Tip: Did not stay at hotel, but loved all else about it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee H
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Great feedback! I agree. From the back of the house to the front, we have some wonderful people working here. We look forward to a return visit.
Ione, Washington
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I were here about two years ago. The rooms have since been remodeled. A little more soundproofing would have been nice but overall the renovation looks great. We chose a room so we could have a view of beautiful Kootenay Lake and the mountains. British Columbia is truly gorgeous. We love the "cave", nice and hot, about 103 degrees. The big pool is around 98 degrees and the cold plunge about 39. I also need to add a comment about the on-premise restaurant. Oh my gosh, I ordered the Beef Tenderloin with prawns with a pesto hollandaise sauce. Absolutely the best steak I have ever had including the sauce. Thank you to the chef. My husband had the prime-rib and it too was very good. Cameron was our server and he was the best!! Our check-in and out staff were also very friendly as was housekeeping and the folks working in the pool area. We shall return!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to talk about your total hot springs experience. Your wonderful comments have been appreciated by all the staff, from the back of the house to the front.
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We booked the cheapest room (non view, with one queen bed $144) and this truley was the best hotel we have ever stayed in. Rooms are recently renovated, new carpet, new wallpaper & paint, completely new bathroom. The entire hotel smells new inside. Standard size room, firm but comfortable bed, 4 pillows (plus decorative pillows) that dont instantly go flat like most hotel pillows. Clean bedding. New bathroom, big shower/tub, granite counters. Rooms are very very quiet! It was a non view room so we literally looked out our window to a close up of the side of the mountain, but I believe this added to the quiet. Free entrance to the hot springs (which are amazing!) fluffy robes to get there in. Staff service was excellent. Best hotel I have stayed in in a very very long time.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Yourgurl83
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We will continue to work very hard to offer our guests a fresh, comfortable hot springs experience.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

hands down the best thing about this place is the hot springs, the caves are neat and its super relaxing. the ONLY thing i DIDNT like is that we paid for the honey moon suite and we were a bit disappointed on the size of the room, but everything else was great, very clean and a gorgeous area surrounded by a huge lake to take some beautiful pictures. the food was yum too :D , would go back for sure

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. For another time, you might wish to choose our Designer Suite which offers a bit more square footage (and a fireplace). We are a smaller property with many different room types to choose from. Intimate and cozy can be used to describe some of our loveliest rooms. Thanks for taking time to comment on your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Edmonton Alberta
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My Cousion Aunt and Uncle and his brother and my dad and I went here 2 to 3 weeksre ago and I loved the fact that this is a oderless hot spring without the smell of the supher that smells like the rotton egg. I loved the area that it was by Beatuiful Kootney lake. I was a little surprised that the water in the cave would be up to my waist but I could sit down in a spot in the cave. There is a area where a hot streem flows in to it witch we were amazed to see in the cave. The outdoor pool was fun too but I think it's 35 C. It was fine for us to be in. The tiny cold plunge pool was fun as we braved it but most of us stayed and got out in a few seconds and went back into the other pool. The staff were nice there. There are no lockers in the change rooms. They give you a bag and then you chek it in and they give you a tag. It was my dad's birthday there too and we took him there. We hope to be back sometime in the future soon. One fact for tall people in the cave watch your head. It's a bit low in places. I also heard there was a person who has gone there for many years there now.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
#10 of 10 in Nelson
Ainsworth Motel
Ainsworth Motel
#1 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs

Been to Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!