“The old lady in the counter is so rude, but the pool was good”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort
Reviewed 2 September 2010

This is first time ever for me to write any review about hotel, and I would LIKE TO COME HERE AGAIN only if I can check that the old lady at the counter is not working at the time. I came from Hong Kong and yes I am asian, and she treated me like an animal.. I would not describe in details here and I felt so offended and do not ever wanna come here again if I have to see her face again. If you are an asian, don't go there. And if you already did, don't ask anything to her. She will definitely make you feel mistreated and DISCRIMINATED. I feel so bad now and I don't wanna enjoy the rest of the trip from now on. I wish good luck with yours.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank jambyung

Reviewed 30 August 2010

My husband and I wanted to go somewhere different to celebrate our 23 Anniversary and we were a little concerned after reading some of the reviews for the Resort but decided to give it a try. We decided to go with low expectations so we wouldnt be dissappointed but found the Resort to be a delightful suprise. The people working there were very pleasant and helpful. We reserved a room with a King size bed with a view and found the room to be clean, beautifully decorated, bright and everything you could need was there. The room was a little small for the price you paid but we were not in the room much anyway. Next time we go, we will choose a room on the lower floor so we can step outside for a smoke. And you can still get a beautiful view of the mountans from the lower floors. Greatly appreciated the robes that were in the room that you could wear down to the pool, they kept us warm when we got out and made our trek back to our room. The change rooms were clean and we noticed the pool was emptied and cleaned every night. I am a gardener and very much enjoyed all the pots and beds of flowers. Their were roses of every color you could imagine along the walkway to the pool and we noticed a fellow cleaning out weeds from even the smallest of cracks in the cement. We had supper in the dinning room and had a wonderful waiter guide us in trying something different to eat. What a wonderful palet experience. Breakfast the next morning was superb. The pool and caves were open to the public but I was delighted to see that the Resort had a couple hours later at night and early in the morning for just the people staying in the Resort. The romantic soak in the pool and the caves was very relaxing and helpful for a good nights sleep. I would highly reccommend this Resort to anyone and I hope to return to it some day.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed at the Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort after the springs were recommended by a friend. The rooms are quite pricey but this reflects the quality of services you receive whilst staying there.
We booked a King room with a view and were given a promotional discount that we didn't even know about. Our room was lovely, facing the lake with amazing views. It was an immaculate room, incredibly comfortable - we wanted to take the bed and all the pillow with us! The room was well stocked with a coffee machine and fridge and soft robes for use in the room and around the springs. There was also an ice machine at the end of the hall.
The bathroom was very nicely decorated and equipped, including hairdryer and all the bathroom essentials you could think of!
The staff on the check in desk were very helpful and friendly, they moved a couple into a different room so we could extend our stay and extended the promotional discount for the duration of our stay.
The springs are excellent and a free unlimited entrance voucher is included for the duration of your stay. There is a large hot pool, a cave which goes approximately 50ft within the mountain and is like walking through a steam room with genuine stalagmites and stalactites - a genuine sight to see. There is also a cold plunge pool for the brave!
The pool and caves are cleaned regularly, you can see them being cleaned thoroughly every evening.
The restaurant attached to the resort has a pricey menu but the food was incredible, as was the service. We were served by Camron on both occasions that we ate in the restaurant and his friendly and approachable manner contributed to our enjoyment of the evening. The menu provides many different options along with daily special and desserts. Everything we ate was delicious and well worth a visit if your budget stretches that far.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the resort and saw nothing to verify any previous negative reviews on this website. Our review does not do the resort justice - visit it yourself, you will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We were a bit concerned about reading a few of the reviews, but we did not have any problems. I do not think it is a 'resort' certainly not like one in a cheap mexican holiday, however it was VERY clean and functional. The staff were friendly in check in also. We stayed in a kitchenette room, adjoining to a view room, which was on the ground floor. not much of a view. BUT you did not come here to stay in the room, you came here for the pools and the amazing caves. The hotel does need an update, changerooms expansion etc.... but I would definetely stay here again. The convenience of leaving the pool and going to your hotel room is great! Plus the swimming is included when you are a guest in the hotel. Compare the rates around other hotels, and then add 2 days of swimming to their price, as that would be included in your hotel price.
The restaurant was good, we ate late at night from the Lounge Menu - with burgers around 11 bucks. The main dinner menu pricing was 15 to 20 bucks, but we did not eat from the dinner menu.

Try it out, we will come back on our next trip to Canada

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2010

My family and friends visited this resort recently, the hot springs pool was ok, the caves were very neat and unique. We then visited the dining room upstairs, we were greeted and seated politely and told that they normally close in 1/2 hour or so, but they had other groups seated and it wasn't a problem to stay open later. We then received very poor service from our waitress and we were highly insulted by her as we finished our meals. I then made their management aware of this poor service via email and never received any response at all back from them. I will never return to the northwest area of Kootenay Lake again, they don't seem to want tourists there.

• Stayed: July 2010
7  Thank Chris154914
Reviewed 21 July 2010

This place needs a reno, my room looks nothing like the panflet. I'm starring at green curtens, green carpet, and pink wall paper. The hotel resembles a cheap $40 motel, and I paid $150 for a night stay at this "resort" however it does include admission to the hot springs. Make sure to get a room "with a view" otherwise you will get a view of dirt and weeds.

Customer service is horrible, the front desk staff is bad, the lady smells like she was at a smoky pub all day and looks tired and seemed to have had a rough day.

As far as dinning, food is good but very overpriced $15-$25 for an entree and not much food for the price.

The pool was packed, change rooms are small and very rundown (like the rest of the "resort"). No snack bar at the pool either so bring a snack but don't get caught, I'm sure you will get kicked out if you are trying to feed your child. The caves are neat, water is hot and very relaxing, however the pools are so busy during the day, make sure to go early in the morning to get the experenice.

Overall, check out the springs, stay away from the "resort"

5  Thank buffalodude
Reviewed 1 June 2010

The staff, the pools and cave, the restaurant, the accomodation have been consistentaly great over the last few years that we have been there.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
#3 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Prestige Lakeside Resort

Been to Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!