Ainsworth Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Mermaid Lodge & Motel(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Crawford Bay Inn(Crawford Bay)
Wedgwood Retreat(Crawford Bay)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsminute walkhot springslawn chairsbeautiful viewgas grillsupplied towelsenjoy the viewclean roomsa great staydefinitely stay here againqueen bedainsworth hotspringsfriendly ownersnice roomglenhostskitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My 2 children and I stayed here and I would like to say that it was a great experience not only is the Owners amazilnly friendly and accomidating the view was beautiful! We stayed for one night but wish we could have stayed longer :)) I would recommend this place to my family and friends, we will be going back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

A great little motel, felt very much like home and the owners could not have been nicer. With free WiFi, a BBQ and close to the hot spring (we even got towels so we didn't have to rent them up there for $8 a piece) we had a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The Ainsworth Motel in Ainsworth Hot Springs, British Columbia sits about 300 yards from the resort that offers the finest hot springs pools I have ever experienced. For about $10, you can enter and submerge into a hot pool (about 104 degrees) and walkinto a horseshoe shaped natural cave to steam a bit. There is a warm pool down below (bath temperature) that is quite large and shallow, designed for children and for adults who wish to hang out and have long talks, or just close their eyes and relax. In addition, there is a chilly pool for cooling off (about
40 degrees).

The resort is nice enough, very expensive, and the meals in the dining room are okay, but not anywhere near 4 star quality. Rather, go up 3 miles to JB's Pub for either cod or halibut fish & chips, then best I've had, including my stays in England and Scotland. And ask at the Motel for directions to the small restaurant in nearby Kaslo for breakfast and/or lunch. Kaslo was recently named the most beautiful city in British Columbia, and that is saying a lot when you consider all of those islands on its west coast.

The Motel has a deck where one can sit back and look across Lake Kootenay to the Canadian Rockies. What a wondrous place to vacation. Or -- to settle down and live there.

Room Tip: Room #7 is a corner two adjoining rooms for four adults or families.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Had a great experience. Was welcomed and given tips by the wonderful owner throughout our stay. The place was very comfortable and clean. I loved having the kitchenette, fridge and we were even able to use the bbq. Its about a 2 minute walk to the Hot Springs and I couldn't have asked for a better place to relax. Had a wonderful view of the lake and was able to walk down towards the water. We had no problems finding it and it was a beautiful drive from Spokane.Great place to stay on a budget!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeahM174
Reviewed 21 March 2013

You are greeted by a very warm & friendly couple. The view of the lake is beautiful and the rooms are cozy. Just a short walk up the road to the hot springs, which are always lovely. The rooms come with all you need for a kitchenette. I brought a cooler and that is all :) There is a lovely deck and grassy area with a BBQ that you are welcome to use, how great is that! This is a place I will stay again! Thank you :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family