Our bike club of about 15 people stayed one night on a Silver Triangle tour. The owner was super accommodating, setting aside a bike lockup area in his garage, supplying rags for clean-up, extra toaster oven we needed for breakfast for 15 people, etc.
The motel is located right on the highway.
Room #8 is actually a separate building. It has a full kitchen with full size fridge, stove with oven, microwave, coffee maker etc. We prepared breakfast for 15 hungry cyclists quite handily in it.
Next door is the Ainsworth Hot Springs which is a great place to soak away 100 km worth of aching legs (not cheap at $12 but worth it for the funkiness factor).
The view from the lawn / deck is superb, up and down Kootenay Lake.
Check-In: the owner was great, got us all set up with bike lock-up, rags for cleaning up, etc.
Noise: quiet on a June night, traffic going by on busy road might be heavier in the peak summer months.
Bathroom was a little bit funky, had been re-partitioned, fixtures a little aging but quite workable. The owner does a great job keeping the plumbing working: apparently with all the minerals in the water in Ainsworth this is no easy task.
Internet - worked well enough for a hotel.
Fridge - full size
TV channels - TV was provided, we did not use.
Breakfast NA did it ourselves
Check-Out: our host was great, took group photo, checked individuals for forgotten keys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We won the 2016 Travellers Choice Award for Canada under the Budget category. We are still working hard at making updates. 8 beds were replaced last spring with top of the line memory foam and gel beds. Have 3 select rooms that are pet friendly. Beautiful Historic Ainsworth Hot Springs, BC, Canada, just a 2 minute walk to the relaxing naturally hot pools. Ainsworth Motel offers a unique country setting with clean, quiet and comfortable rooms at lowest prices in town! We have queen bed rooms with kitchenette units, Queen and Double bed with kitchenettes, as well as a large fully furnished family unit(sleeps up to 6-8) with complete kitchen facilities & separate bedroom, all with a breathtaking view of beautiful Kootenay Lake and its surrounding mountains. We offer complimentary coffee, tea, makeup wipes, shampoo/conditioner, soap, microwave, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, a front deck and lawn area complete with 2 BBQ's and picnic tables all at an affordable price. Family friendly with lawn games, books and board games to entertain. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ainsworth Hotel Hot Springs
- Ainsworth Motel Hot Springs
- Ainsworth Motel Ainsworth Hot Springs, Canada - British Columbia