“Beautiful location, friendly helpful new owners, would highly recomend!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain Springs Motel & RV Park

Mountain Springs Motel & RV Park
and 1 more site!
Mountain Springs Motel & RV Park
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Barriere
Surrey, Canada
“Beautiful location, friendly helpful new owners, would highly recomend!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

Made a reservation to stay on the 5th of June, and we were pleasantly surprised at the warm friendly service we received. The grounds were beautifully kept, with flowers everywhere. I don't know why the last review stated that the pic's on the web site must have been enhanced as it was exactly as the pic's showed. We used the guest BBQ to cook our dinner which was supplied at no extra charge. Rooms were spottless and the internet connection in our rooms worked well. We would highly recommend and we will be making Mountain Springs Motel our stop when we make our yearly trip back to Edmonton.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Janicelakly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

Stayed here for two days while I was in town for work. The new owners were very friendly, and the rooms were clean and well kept. I arrived very late in the day and the owners were very helpful in getting me set up with a room. This would be my first choice if I stayed in Barriere again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank MathewBond
Grand Forks. Bc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

The RV park only has 7 spaces and two of them were occupied with park models. The sites were all pea gravel and mostly level but were very narrow. The parking area for the RV was about 10 feet wide and the adjacent grassy area of our site was about 8 feet. We have a rig with slideouts on both sides and on one side, we were overlapping the neighbours grass and on the other side, our slideout was over top of our picnic table.
When the neighbours opened their vehicle doors, they would hit our lawn chairs set on our grassy area.
There was a tree at each site that interfered with the awning so we couldn't put it out at all.
The hookups were in the middle of the site which is not convenient for rigs with power at the rear end.
The restrooms were clean but everyone was charged extra if they wanted to use them at all. Not sure how they monitored that when the sites were full.
The location was between the highway and a railway track that had 15 trains going by each day during both the day and night. A whole lot of shaking going on at times.
The website advertised a vineyard but all we saw were a few scrawny and anemic vines that looked like they never grew a grape.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

I booked the motel over the phone direct with the owners in January for our stay in June and was told it would be $96 for a 2 queen room. Due to unforseen circumstances it became apparent that we wouldn't be able to make it so I telephoned early in the afternoon to cancel our booking. The lady I spoke to (presumably the owner) was quite hostile and told me that they had a 7 DAY cancellation policy and my credit card would still be charged. I have never, ever, known any accommodation with a 7 DAY cancellation policy and our non arrival was totally unavoidable and beyond our control but this lady would not listen to reason, became quite aggressive and was very insistant that she would still charge my card. Nowhere on their website does it state any cancellation policy or I would not have booked in the first place if I had known it was 7 days - a total rip off by anyone's reasoning.

We did pass the hotel the very next day as we drove through town (we had a schedule to catch up with) and I was almost glad we were unable to stay there. The place did not look half as inviting in real life as the photos on the website show - they are obviously enhanced. And I can only assume that this 7 day cancellation policy is because once people see what they are getting for their money, they pass by and the motel loses a booking. If the inside of the rooms were anything like the outside, I would rather have slept in the car, and I am not one of those travellers who expects 5 star treatment for a shoestring budget.

I can only advise that if you book this motel, then be 100% certain that you are going to show up on the day of check-in or develop the ability to see into the future and let them know at least 7 days prior to your arrival date!!!

Take my advice and don't even bother wasting your time clicking on their website. I only gave the motel an overall rating of 1 point because there is no facility to score them at zero!

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank binthere-dunit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barriere
Monte Carlo Motel
#1 of 8 in Clearwater
Rivermount Motel
Rivermount Motel
#1 of 2 in Little Fort

Been to Mountain Springs Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!