“Not The Place To Go For Good Coffee”

The Bean Counter Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Bowser
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I am confused by why people are saying that the coffee is good here. Perhaps they have changed hands since those comments were made? I ordered an Americano yesterday and it was bitter and nasty. Actually, I should have just asked for my money back or ordered something different. I like my coffee dark, rich and strong so the problem wasn't that it was too strong for me... just that it was bitter and horrible. I don't expect every place to be as good as Starbucks. But I expect it to at least be palatable.

On a good note, it was very nice that they had outdoor seating. And maybe they had other drinks that were better? I didn't eat there so I can't comment about the food. But my advice is, if you like good coffee, this is not the place.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I love this little spot. So much so we purchase gift cards to send our clients as thank you gifts. Great coffee, fabulous lunches and sweets. The atmosphere is always friendly as are the owners. Great job!!!

2  Thank Soudini
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Latt and caps and fraps just like starbucks but different. Breakfast sandwiches, and out side seating

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Popped into a nice little cafe on Highway 97A in Bowser which is just past Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island recently. The food is fresh and home-made. They also have an outdoor seating area with umbrellas. Friendly people and great hot chocolate!

Reviewed 3 December 2012

In Bowser there is a small strip mall. The local meeting place is there is the Bean Counter. When you go in and see the locals all meeting there you know that you are in for a treat. I have had several sandwiches there and they are always really good and since they make them to order they are fresh. They make many of the coffees to your liking so they too are fresh. Besides sandwiches they have things like quiches, lazagna and soups. I highly recommend them.