“Poor food”

Quaaout Lodge - Jack Sam's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Quaaout Lodge - Jack Sam's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Chase
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Whether you are staying with us, just passing through, or are a Shuswap resident, dining out at Jack Sam's Restaurant at the Quaaout Lodge is a great way to treat yourself to something special. Jack Sam's Restaurant is located just off the lobby with a beautiful view of Little Shuswap Lake. Our Executive Chef has designed menu selections to delight all and provides the fare expected at a world class hotel.uests will find delicacies on the seasonal dinner and catering menus which honour the First Nations traditions of the region such as Venison, Cedar Board Salmon Fillet, Buffalo or Elk Ragout, and our traditional "Chicken or Salmon" in Clay (48hrs notice required) to name just a few.By partnering with local producers, we are happy to offer our efforts towards a locally sourced menu in the spirit of the 100 Mile Diet. The 100 Mile Diet motivates individuals to eat only foods grown within 100 miles from their home. In partnership with Heartland Foods and Farm Tours Cooperative we have adapted our menu to offer delectable dishes prepared using fresh produce and meats from local farmers and growers in season. Join us in eating locally for a global change!
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The food was average and that was as good as it got. Raw bison steak when medium was ordered. It came cold. Rib eye that was 3/16 of an inch thick, overdone and cold. Chicken masala that was all rice and canned sauce. I think there was chicken in it. And finally 2 garlic tiger prawn dinners no bigger that those you find on a cocktail ring. Tepid, bland and piles of soggy rice. At $30 a plate, one would expect fine dining. As it turned out the next meal at White Spot was head and shoulders above Quaaout $200 cheaper, and much better service.

1  Thank kgibson10499

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Ate dinner here on a Friday night when the hotel was full. Many items were not available which is unfortunate that the kitchen did not prepare for a busy weekend. The food we did get was good and worth the money (I had the chicken tika masala).

1  Thank Craig P
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I met some friends there for breakfast and I must admit, I was expecting overpriced food and drink, rude staff, etc., but I was definitely surprised. Staff were friendly and attentive without being over-bearing and the atmosphere was bright and friendly. I chose the breakfast buffet which was limited in it's selection but I was lucky that the items featured were the ones I was interested in anyway! The food was well prepared, very tasty and very reasonably priced. The view out onto Little Shuswap Lake was pleasant too.

I would go there again to enjoy their breakfast buffet!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We found selection not that great, and very expensive for what we could find. A burger, a sandwich and 2 drinks came to over $85.00! Food wasnt super special either! :(
Everything else to do with entire resort was EXCELLENT, just found resturant too expensive for what you got.

1  Thank Shannon E
QuaaoutLodge, Front Office Manager at Quaaout Lodge - Jack Sam's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Shannon E.

First I must thank you for sharing your feedback with us. The best way for us to gauge how we are performing is through the comments and reviews we receive from you, our guest.

With regards to your comments about the menu selections and the prices at our restaurant, I would invite you to contact me directly with more detailed feedback as $85.00 for a burger, pulled pork sandwich, and 2 drinks does indeed seem expensive and out of line with our pricing structure.

Our restaurant dinner menu does offer a relatively wide range of selections, however in our lounge area we offer a menu that focuses more on burgers and appetizers. Based on your review, I wonder if perhaps you were ordering of this lounge menu.

In developing our recently updated menus, our Executive Chef placed due consideration on feedback from our guests regarding the range of options as well as pricing that provides good value. While we cater to a wide range a clientele including international travelers as well as our more local guests, there are cases when a restaurant and a client are not a perfect match.

It is wonderful to hear that the rest of your experience here at the resort was excellent. I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us at the Quaaout Lodge and hope that we might have the opportunity to provide you with a dining experience more to your liking.

Kukstsemc

Rhys Laug
Accommodations Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had to wait 2 hours before we got served ( we had kids on the table too)! It was very frustrating.

1  Thank rrecrosio

Dear rrecrosio;

A 2 hour wait to get served is indeed a frustrating experience, especially when hungry children are involved. The experience you describe in your review is clearly not what we work very hard to provide in Jack Sam's Restaurant here at the Quaaout Lodge.

Our General Manager reviews all guest comments and feedback personally. At our regular meetings, the feedback we receive from our guests is used to identify the areas where we are successful in meeting and exceeding our guests' expectations, and those areas where we must make improvements.

The wait time for your meal is definitely a case where we failed. I hope that in addition to sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor, you took a moment to submit the comment card provided with your restaurant receipt so that we have been able to followup with you personally.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future, and show you the sort of wonderful dining experience that has made Jack Sam's Restaurant at the Quaaout Lodge one of the top picks for dining out in the Shuswap.

Best regards;