We have just stayed at Quaaout lodge for the third time and I decided I had to let people in on our little secret get-away.
First the views.... I think every room has a view of the lake which is just beautiful. The rooms all have a patio and that's the perfect place to sit out with a glass of wine and watch the sun set over the lake.
The lake has a beach. It is not the best beach because it is a little bit stoney but you can still find spots where it is fine to throw a towel down and sunbathe, and the water is perfectly clear so good for swimming.
The rooms themselves are clean and spacious with a small mini fridge and free wifi in each room. Also the sign of a really nice hotel to me..big fluffy white towels and robes..
There is a dining room at the hotel which has great food and is very reasonably priced, especially for the buffet breakfast which is a great deal for $12.95, or there is also Jack Sam's sports bar for those who just want a drink and something more casual to eat while watching the game.
After supper you can go and relax in the indoor hot tub and pool, or the hotel has a full spa if you want to spoil your self.
Now for all the golfers out there...there is an excellent golf course that ends with the eighteenth hole running along the beach and lake. I am not a golfer but my husband assures me it is a first class course.
There is a gift store in the hotel that has lots of unusual hand made gifts and also a pro shop for the golfers, or those of us who just like to look good even if we can't golf.
Finally a word about the staff, they are so friendly, very helpful and always seem to have a smile for everyone.
Definitely one of my most favourite places to stay in Canada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quaaout Lodge & Talking Rock Golf Course, the pride of the Little Shuswap Indian Band, is situated on the north shore of Little Shuswap Lake.Located midway between Vancouver & Calgary we are located just minutes off the Trans Canada Highway, a 45 minute drive east from the Kamloops, or a scenic 2 hour drive north from Kelowna International Airport. The Lodge underwent a major 4 month renovation in 2010, which included re-designing all hotel guest rooms, our restaurant, Jack Sam’s and hotel exterior. Balconies were added to all rooms and suites for our guests to enjoy the view of the lake and surrounding woods. The Lodge is open for reservations daily, taking bookings for individual travelers, banquets, groups, meetings and golf. Guest amenities at the Resort include: * 1800 feet of sandy beach * Indoor swimming pool, hot tub, exercise room * 18 hole championship Talking Rock Golf Course * Conference Centre for meetings, seminars & banquets, authentic Native gourmet meals and Native interpretive areas including a "kekuli" and traditional "sweat lodge" * Jack Sam’s Restaurant * Le7Ke Day Spa * •Activities in the Resort area include swimming, boating, biking, golf, fishing, hiking, and just relaxing on the beach…Whitewater rafting, Zip-lines, Segway Tours, Wine Tasting, and other adventures are also nearby. In winter the Shuswap welcomes snowmobilers, nordic skiers, and ice fishing enthusiasts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quaaout Lodge & Spa Talking Rock Golf Hotel Chase
- Quaaout Lodge And Spa Talking Rock Golf
- Quaaout Hotel Chase