“New favourite getaway!!”

Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chase
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the August long weekend and what can i say: it was amazing!! The views are breathtaking first of all, our room was spacious and came with its own patio, as all the rooms do overlooking the Little Shuswap Lake. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. We dined in at Jack Sam's Restaurant everyday because the food was so delicious! The dining room is set to look out over the lake, very romantic. Lots to do as well, we went for hikes, swimming in the crystal clear lake, ziplining. And did I mention Talking Rock Golf Course has the most incredible scenary ever? On our last day we treated ourselves to massages at Letke Spa that is located right in the hotel- this really is a 5 star spa, beautiful rooms and very experienced staff. You will not be disappointed and we cannot wait to go back! Don't pass up on this wonderful little hidden gem.

Room Tip: Get a room with a jacuzzi, the most perfect way to end your day.
There are newer reviews for Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort

Reviewed 23 August 2013

First time we have been to this hotel and it wont be the last! The hotel was updated 3 years ago and they did a fabulous job. It looks new and modern. Every room has a patio or balcony the looks onto the golf course and lake or the other side looks onto the garden and lake. The rooms are a good size and nicely furnished. We didn't try the spa but they had a full list of services. Beautiful golf course. We played the 9 and dine and it was a great value. The hotel does have 2 buffets a day and a la carte menu. Both times we had the buffet, the food was only lukewarm but when we told the staff they were quick to fix it. Food from the menu was good. We were truly impressed with this gem of a hotel, quiet location and affordable.

Room Tip: We stayed on the main floor on the golf course side and enjoyed the patio door access to a small pri...
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have just stayed at Quaaout lodge for the third time and I decided I had to let people in on our little secret get-away.
First the views.... I think every room has a view of the lake which is just beautiful. The rooms all have a patio and that's the perfect place to sit out with a glass of wine and watch the sun set over the lake.
The lake has a beach. It is not the best beach because it is a little bit stoney but you can still find spots where it is fine to throw a towel down and sunbathe, and the water is perfectly clear so good for swimming.
The rooms themselves are clean and spacious with a small mini fridge and free wifi in each room. Also the sign of a really nice hotel to me..big fluffy white towels and robes..
There is a dining room at the hotel which has great food and is very reasonably priced, especially for the buffet breakfast which is a great deal for $12.95, or there is also Jack Sam's sports bar for those who just want a drink and something more casual to eat while watching the game.
After supper you can go and relax in the indoor hot tub and pool, or the hotel has a full spa if you want to spoil your self.
Now for all the golfers out there...there is an excellent golf course that ends with the eighteenth hole running along the beach and lake. I am not a golfer but my husband assures me it is a first class course.
There is a gift store in the hotel that has lots of unusual hand made gifts and also a pro shop for the golfers, or those of us who just like to look good even if we can't golf.
Finally a word about the staff, they are so friendly, very helpful and always seem to have a smile for everyone.
Definitely one of my most favourite places to stay in Canada.

1  Thank Sun-SeekerCalgary
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Nestled in amongst the pines and situated on the beautiful beaches of the Little Shuswap Lake, this lodge is only a few kilometres from the main highway. The lodge has beautifully manicured lawns, the beach is very clean, and the lake is great for swimming. A big plus for us was that they are very pet-friendly here. All the rooms have a nice view of the lawns and the lake. We were a group of three and although our room was nice and modern, we found it a bit small and cramped. We had a room at ground level so it was easy to let the dog out. The patio was nice as well. The upper-floor rooms all have balconies. While there, the elevator was out of commission so the older person in our group had an extremely difficult time with the stairs up to the restaurant; hotel staff didn't seem to be in much of a hurry to fix it, nor did they offer to move us to a room at the main floor level. The restaurant is very nice with windows all around and an outside eating area too. The menu choices are very good, and so is the food quality, but we were disappointed with the extremely slow service. It took us 3 hours to get through a dinner, and although we enjoy a leisurely meal with space between courses, 2 hours is plenty of time to enjoy a meal. I would have liked to have breakfast included - I think most hotels do this. Although the gounds and beach are gorgeous, there is no way for someone with walking challenges to get around in my opinion. When I asked if I could use a golf cart to drive my mother around the lawns I was given a no. I thought the price of the stay was in keeping with other upscale hotels - I would just like to see more accessable places for seniors or anyone using a walker/wheelchair etc. My mum never did get to see the lake because she couldn't walk that far. A paved path to the top of the beach might help. As well, there are native sites on the property and my mum was not able to walk to them all, and there was no offer of a ride. Overall, I think this is a great place for golfers, weddings, and perhaps families who want to do day trips from here, or just hang out at the beach. I get the feeling this place mostly caters to golfers. That all said, we did enjoy our stay and I would consider staying again, but I would make sure to ask more questions first.

Room Tip: Be prepared to use stairs or ask for a room that's at the same level as reception, shops and res...
1  Thank Greya16
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Enjoyed the stunning location and golf course. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable, an overall wonderful weekend away.

We ran into a problem with dinner on our last night. The meals came out over cooked, four out of eight were sent back, with one other that should have also gone back. When the new meals returned the meat was still over cooked and inedible. Waitress insisted there was nothing she could do about it and argued with patrons instead of seeking out a manager, or attempting to remove items from the bill. The meals initially took 1.5 hours to come out to us, drinks took 30. Meals were not worth the price ans unfortunately there are no other convenient locations to eat near the resort. We were highly disappointed to end our weekend on such a poor note (meal wise).

Check out the resort but pack your own dinner!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank maric2
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We recently had our wedding at Quaaout and the experience was nothing short of tremendous. The banquet, catering and front desk staff were all helpful, friendly and attentive. The location of this stunning hotel/resort is worth the trip. Plus, it's run locally - putting money back into the First Nations community. Compliments to the chef and kitchen who make a mean bannock, superb salmon and the best roast bison I've tried. The Sunday brunch is great too. Rooms are high quality and all have views to the lake with a balcony/patio. Other than a few glitches with the bill (which were quickly resolved), and some of our guests with unexpected charges (review your bill before leaving), this is a definite recommend for a weekend away, or a company retreat. Did I mention there's a golf course?

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a family wedding for 4 nights with our dog, in a ground level pet-friendly room that overlooked the lake. We had a king-sized bed, in suite bath and gas f/p in the room. The large bathroom included a walk-in shower. Our view was directly out to the lake. Altogether, the room was absolutely gorgeous and we would highly recommend it again. I was surprised, though, to find the bar fridge empty and no snacks in the room. Minor thing, but worth mentioning.

The hotel staff were incredbly nice and accommodating. If we asked, we received. The grounds are beautiful, the lake and lakeshore amazing, and there are non-motorized boats near the private dock for guest use. We never used the indoor pool or gym, but they looked great.

So far, I can't say enough nice things about our stay. It was really nice. But then, you have to eat eventually! We arrived around dinner time and went to the restaurant for dinner around 7:00. There were only 3-4 tables seated in the restaurant, but the hostess told us we would have to wait an hour to be served because they were very busy, and we should go somewhee else for dinner! Really?! We were at a resort, did NOT want to get back in our car and drive somewhere for dinner, and the next closest restaurant would have been at least a 15min drive away. And they only had 3-4 tables of people eating! So, we stayed.... and waited. We ordered the surf and turf and bison steak. They were pricey (the highest on the menu), and we expected the price would reflect the quality and our wait would be worth it. Quite the opposite. The food was very overcooked (I had ordered my bison steak rare). We were very disappointed, but did not complain at the time. (Of note, we ordered bottles of chardonnay, which were only $24/bottle and would've been 2x that in Vancouver or Whistler, so we were impressed by the price).

Breakfast the next morning was equally disappointing. We ordered the eggs benny and the sauce was so terrible, we couldn't finish our eggs (never happened to me before!). The smorgasbord was a safe bet, but not anything to write home about (the OJ is very watered down). But, while we were there, we told our breakfast company about the experience at dinner the night before. The waitress overheard, and she offerred to comp our next dinner. That was very nice, and unexpected as we hadn't voiced it to her. She said they have been having problems with the restaurant and are trying to fix them and hoped our next meal would be better.

We did eat lunch and breakfast there again and stuck to meals we thought they could manage (the chicken wings were delish!). When we next had dinner there, the restaurant was again nearly empty. Still, we had terrible service and were told they were slammed. We waited forever for our food, half an hour to get a drink, and then it would be the wrong kind, and we'd have to wait again for a new one. We were sitting outside (wasp problem!) and our dishes were never cleared. We had to move them to an empty table ourselves to avoid the wasps (which we accepted as part of eating outdoors), and they sat there until we left. I ordered the lamb chops and have to say that I can easily make better. Friends were eating dinner after us at another table, and they waited unusually long times to get their food, and several of them returned them 2 or more times due to being overcooked, undercooked, etc. They were also incredibly disappointed (and mad!) at the bad service.

Throughout our stay, we started hearing that the problems in the restaurant are anything but new, and that these same issues have been going on for a long time.

Although the staff were very nice, I would highly recommend you do NOT eat at the restaurant, or be very careful what you order, and be prepared to wait an unacceptably long time. Without the restaurant, I would rate the resort a 4.5 out of 5. Sadly, with the restaurant (it's a package deal when there are no in suite kitchens!), I only rate it a 2.5 out of 5.

Quaaoot, work hard on fixing your many restaurant problems, and we would be thrilled to stay there again. Until then, I don't think so.

Room Tip: We loved the rooms on the end that faced the lake. The decks are huge and rooms have in suite f/p an...
1  Thank TravelinWhistlerTrio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chase
Podollan Inn
Overlander Motel
Overlander Motel
#3 of 4 in Chase
Best Western Salmon Arm Inn

Been to Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort? Share your experiences!