“Last minute decision but a great one”

Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chase
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Due to unfortunately not being able to continue with our holiday at a spa and resort on Vancouver Island we were having to choose a different plan. Checking out the internet while sitting in a hotel room in Kamloops we came across the The Talking Rock. Quick call and the Jacuzzi Room was booked.Upon arrivial and checking out the room we immediately decided that we needed to stay another night. Unfortunately the room was not available. The Presidential Suite which was an upgrade was available and we went with that. Sure enough after moving the next morning to this room and seeing how beautiful and perfect it was we booked it for an additional night. A sitting area with a small bath was in the front of the suite with a bedroom located in the rear with a king bed and seperate bath. Now this bathroom was unbelievable with double sinks and a huge walk in shower with four mounted shower heads on the walls and another overhead! Large tvs, air conditioning and sliding doors to the private patio area in both rooms. Beautiful view of both the 18th hole and lake and so peaceful.We also dined in for two nights at Jack Sam's which was delicious. We will definately be back.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have larger patios.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We will absolutely be back for a weekend or more! We'd booked a king room, and it did not disappoint. It was lovely, quiet, we enjoyed the balcony. The bed was super comfortable, and the services were excellent. My husband quite enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The staff are fabulous!!
We had breakfast the next day, and if you go, have the bannock. It's a must try on the menu. So good. There was more food than we could eat - and we tried to finish it was so yummy. And reasonably priced.
The grounds of this hotel are stunning, and learning the local history was fantastic. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. I am so glad we gave this hotel a shot. It's off the beaten path, but well worth the trip.

Room Tip: We chose a standard King room. Plenty big, great bathroom, loved the balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francine M
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the August long weekend and what can i say: it was amazing!! The views are breathtaking first of all, our room was spacious and came with its own patio, as all the rooms do overlooking the Little Shuswap Lake. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. We dined in at Jack Sam's Restaurant everyday because the food was so delicious! The dining room is set to look out over the lake, very romantic. Lots to do as well, we went for hikes, swimming in the crystal clear lake, ziplining. And did I mention Talking Rock Golf Course has the most incredible scenary ever? On our last day we treated ourselves to massages at Letke Spa that is located right in the hotel- this really is a 5 star spa, beautiful rooms and very experienced staff. You will not be disappointed and we cannot wait to go back! Don't pass up on this wonderful little hidden gem.

Room Tip: Get a room with a jacuzzi, the most perfect way to end your day.
Reviewed 23 August 2013

First time we have been to this hotel and it wont be the last! The hotel was updated 3 years ago and they did a fabulous job. It looks new and modern. Every room has a patio or balcony the looks onto the golf course and lake or the other side looks onto the garden and lake. The rooms are a good size and nicely furnished. We didn't try the spa but they had a full list of services. Beautiful golf course. We played the 9 and dine and it was a great value. The hotel does have 2 buffets a day and a la carte menu. Both times we had the buffet, the food was only lukewarm but when we told the staff they were quick to fix it. Food from the menu was good. We were truly impressed with this gem of a hotel, quiet location and affordable.

Room Tip: We stayed on the main floor on the golf course side and enjoyed the patio door access to a small pri...
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have just stayed at Quaaout lodge for the third time and I decided I had to let people in on our little secret get-away.
First the views.... I think every room has a view of the lake which is just beautiful. The rooms all have a patio and that's the perfect place to sit out with a glass of wine and watch the sun set over the lake.
The lake has a beach. It is not the best beach because it is a little bit stoney but you can still find spots where it is fine to throw a towel down and sunbathe, and the water is perfectly clear so good for swimming.
The rooms themselves are clean and spacious with a small mini fridge and free wifi in each room. Also the sign of a really nice hotel to me..big fluffy white towels and robes..
There is a dining room at the hotel which has great food and is very reasonably priced, especially for the buffet breakfast which is a great deal for $12.95, or there is also Jack Sam's sports bar for those who just want a drink and something more casual to eat while watching the game.
After supper you can go and relax in the indoor hot tub and pool, or the hotel has a full spa if you want to spoil your self.
Now for all the golfers out there...there is an excellent golf course that ends with the eighteenth hole running along the beach and lake. I am not a golfer but my husband assures me it is a first class course.
There is a gift store in the hotel that has lots of unusual hand made gifts and also a pro shop for the golfers, or those of us who just like to look good even if we can't golf.
Finally a word about the staff, they are so friendly, very helpful and always seem to have a smile for everyone.
Definitely one of my most favourite places to stay in Canada.

1  Thank Sun-SeekerCalgary
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Nestled in amongst the pines and situated on the beautiful beaches of the Little Shuswap Lake, this lodge is only a few kilometres from the main highway. The lodge has beautifully manicured lawns, the beach is very clean, and the lake is great for swimming. A big plus for us was that they are very pet-friendly here. All the rooms have a nice view of the lawns and the lake. We were a group of three and although our room was nice and modern, we found it a bit small and cramped. We had a room at ground level so it was easy to let the dog out. The patio was nice as well. The upper-floor rooms all have balconies. While there, the elevator was out of commission so the older person in our group had an extremely difficult time with the stairs up to the restaurant; hotel staff didn't seem to be in much of a hurry to fix it, nor did they offer to move us to a room at the main floor level. The restaurant is very nice with windows all around and an outside eating area too. The menu choices are very good, and so is the food quality, but we were disappointed with the extremely slow service. It took us 3 hours to get through a dinner, and although we enjoy a leisurely meal with space between courses, 2 hours is plenty of time to enjoy a meal. I would have liked to have breakfast included - I think most hotels do this. Although the gounds and beach are gorgeous, there is no way for someone with walking challenges to get around in my opinion. When I asked if I could use a golf cart to drive my mother around the lawns I was given a no. I thought the price of the stay was in keeping with other upscale hotels - I would just like to see more accessable places for seniors or anyone using a walker/wheelchair etc. My mum never did get to see the lake because she couldn't walk that far. A paved path to the top of the beach might help. As well, there are native sites on the property and my mum was not able to walk to them all, and there was no offer of a ride. Overall, I think this is a great place for golfers, weddings, and perhaps families who want to do day trips from here, or just hang out at the beach. I get the feeling this place mostly caters to golfers. That all said, we did enjoy our stay and I would consider staying again, but I would make sure to ask more questions first.

Room Tip: Be prepared to use stairs or ask for a room that's at the same level as reception, shops and res...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Greya16
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Enjoyed the stunning location and golf course. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable, an overall wonderful weekend away.

We ran into a problem with dinner on our last night. The meals came out over cooked, four out of eight were sent back, with one other that should have also gone back. When the new meals returned the meat was still over cooked and inedible. Waitress insisted there was nothing she could do about it and argued with patrons instead of seeking out a manager, or attempting to remove items from the bill. The meals initially took 1.5 hours to come out to us, drinks took 30. Meals were not worth the price ans unfortunately there are no other convenient locations to eat near the resort. We were highly disappointed to end our weekend on such a poor note (meal wise).

Check out the resort but pack your own dinner!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank maric2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chase
Podollan Inn
Overlander Motel
#3 of 4 in Chase
South Thompson Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Salmon Arm Inn

Been to Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort? Share your experiences!