We always hope for snow at Christmas but it never happens and will go in search for snow for New Years, not the downhill skiing type. We want to find a place that is quiet, beautiful and offers a unique experience for the holiday. Big Bar more than meets that criteria. There is something breathtaking about a still dark night with the moon glistening on the snow and absolute quiet. The log cabins were the perfect place to enjoy a wood fire on a cold night,clean, comfortable, nicely furnished and warm. We enjoyed snow shoeing, sledding and playing games in the main lodge.
Amber and Bryan were wonderful hosts even with a brand new baby in the mix! Had it not been so icy we would have tried horseback riding too. We used to take our children to Big Bar in the 1990s and now our whole family, grandchildren included are planning to return again for snow during the holiday season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're an all inclusive Guest Ranch located north west of Clinton, BC. Included in your package is your accommodations, three square meals and up to 5 hours of riding per day. You can either participate in two short rides in the morning and afternoon or take your lunch with you for an all day riding experience. Archery lessons provide an alternative activity to consider. Also included is access to our private lake with use of our canoes and peddle boats; as well as maps to our marked trails to enjoy either on foot or by mountain bike. Of course all the social areas are part of the package and you can feel free to play billiards or shuffle board in the lounge or simply hang out by the camp fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Big Bar Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Bar Guest Ranch Hotel Clinton
- Big Bar Guest Ranch Clinton, Cariboo, Canada