We camped at the Big Bar Ranch for four nights, and we absolutely loved it! The goal was to have a horseback vacation off the beaten path. The remote location made us feel like we were truly on the Western Frontier. The ranch was rustic and had a truly authentic appeal, but had all basic amenities. We rode for four days straight, with horses perfectly matched to our ability, and each day we saw new stunning vistas. The wranglers were taken right out of a Western movie and clearly loved their lifestyle. The steaks from a nearby ranch were among the tastiest we've ever eaten.
In addition to horseback riding, we rode mountain bikes, hiked, and played table tennis and pool. Other guests highly recommended the canoeing, but we simply ran out of time. There were always plenty of things to do and lots of nice people to talk to.
We will definitely be going back to Big Bar Ranch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're an all inclusive Guest Ranch located north west of Clinton, BC. Included in your package is your accommodations, three square meals and up to 5 hours of riding per day. You can either participate in two short rides in the morning and afternoon or take your lunch with you for an all day riding experience. Archery lessons provide an alternative activity to consider. Also included is access to our private lake with use of our canoes and peddle boats; as well as maps to our marked trails to enjoy either on foot or by mountain bike. Of course all the social areas are part of the package and you can feel free to play billiards or shuffle board in the lounge or simply hang out by the camp fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Big Bar Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Bar Guest Ranch Hotel Clinton
- Big Bar Guest Ranch Clinton, Cariboo, Canada