“No goats the day I was there :(”
Review of Old Country Market

Old Country Market
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Coombs
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Despite there being no sign of the goats, this place is still worth a visit. Lovely gift shops and a very impressive market featuring foods from all around the world. Lots of fun to browse the various shops, especially if the weather is a bit iffy - you can duck in and out of the shops based on whether it's raining or sunny.

The rooves of the shops are covered with green and growing grass, hence the goats which are put on the roof to keep the grass levels manageable. How they get them up there is anyone's guess.

1  Thank Mairead O

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Crowded, crazy and eclectic, this store has something for everyone. Fresh bread, imported foods from almost every country in Europe, oddball gifts, cheap Chinese imports and a basic, down-to-earth restaurant that serves huge breakfasts, and down-home lunches. Try to visit on a weekday when the crowds are a little thinner, and make sure your wallet is stocked if you want the specialty, imported items - they're pricey but, at least in my experience, well worth it.

1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was shocked out of my shoes when I saw so many South African foods in this cozy market...needless to say I stocked up on my favourites. We did not have lunch here but the kids loved the icecream shop. We walked around and found the animal statues that created a perfect opportunity to do some photo shots with the kids and they just loved climbing on all the aminmals. We found some nice little stores and my fav was the old bookstore where we stocked up on some reading material for the kids. All in all this reminds me of home and small town life and the goats is just soooo cute :-)

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Was there on business and lucked out going Monday morning for breakfast. Stopped by on the weekend and way way way too crowded. I had great service Monday morning (quiet) but my salmon roll was a wee bit salty! staff was kind, the area very clean and loved the market (went shopping without the hordes). Excellent coffee bar in the same area - great choice of food and coffee. Wish so many people didn't know about you!!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've lived in the area for almost 19 years now and The Old Country Market is still unique and special. The sod roof is the home for the 'Goats on the roof' and the market features 'stuff' imported from all over the world. The restaurant is cafeteria style - good homestyle food at reasonable prices in a great environment. Cuckoo's Restaurant in the complex is simply world class - a superior dining experience.