“Kim Hancock's "Arts Afire" Pottery Workshop”
Review of Arts Afire Gallery

Arts Afire Gallery
Ranked #5 of 8 things to do in Coombs
More attraction details
Owner description: Pottery and Painting Classes for a fee, or just browse our gallery and pottery studio on a beautiful forested acreage in Coombs
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Kim is an excellent teacher. she is enthusiastic, helpful while not being overly directive and is very supportive. She has a wealth of knowledge and materials to share. Her workshops are fun - I plan to take several more!

3  Thank tlbowen

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have the most beautiful bowl form Kim Hancock's collection! It is so functional and the size is amazing. I keep it out as an art piece when it's not adorned with dinner or salad, fits easily in the oven and is safe to warm up and it's large enough to serve salad for twelve! I bought a bowl for my in laws and liked it so much I went back for one for myself!
Kim's Buddha's are exquisite! I have given a couple as gifts and am saving up for my own!
The Gallery is situated beautifully on the well cared for grounds of her home, gardens are lovely. It is worth the visit to see this gallery and the art is very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Sarah O
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Kim offers really excellent, well-organised and creative workshops which my children have loved year after year during our summers on Vancouver Island. Every year she thinks of a different project and the children are encouraged to work independently, planning their creations - such as bird houses, pottery lizards to hang on the wall, dishes or a design idea from their own imagination. I particularly like the way she insists the children tidy up after themselves and take responsibility for their work space and tools - essential life skills in this day and age when so much is done for them. My children and I really enjoy looking at the pottery my kids have done with Kim over the years; they bring back very happy memories.

1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Arts Afire Gallery is located only a few minutes off the main highway to Coombs and is well worth a visit! This is not your typical art gallery in an urban landscape where you struggle to find parking and navigate concrete sidewalks. This one is located in a magical location where artwork is displayed inside and out! Vancouver Island's amazing beauty is showcased in the gardens surrounding Kim's gallery. Our favorite pottery pieces are the ones that incorporate the ferns - bringing a piece of VI's nature into our living spaces. Inspired by Kim's displays we have her pottery outside and inside of our home, and we love that its beauty inspires us - while it is functional for every-day use.

1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 26 April 2013

My Daughter & I had a private lesson with Kim and it was amazing. When we were done in only 2 hours, we had each sculpted a torso of a woman. Kim is an amazing teacher and she has so much knowledge. Without her guidance we could not have done what we did. I highly recommend that you go and take a lesson with Kim. We had a blast! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! Will go back again. :>)

1  Thank Patricia K