“Excellent B&B”
Review of Rising Moon B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dawson Creek
Rising Moon B&B
Ranked #1 of 6 Dawson Creek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Just recently stayed at the Rising Moon B&B and after coming back from a week long drive on the Alaska Highway and after staying at multiple B&Bs, this by far was my favorite during the trip.

Rising Moon B&B is located about 20-30minutes south of Dawson Creek. While the drive is a bit long and nothing is really located nearby until you get back into town, the drive is certainly worth it. Rooms are clean, comfortable and unlike a standard B&B they are separated from each other to give you privacy and an almost hotel feel. A common room is along the boardwalk which has the kitchen, SAT TV and reading material during your stay. Breakfast is also served here and Janet & Dwight are great hosts. We had no limited time in which breakfast was to be served, Janet simply asked when we would like breakfast and what we would like to eat so that she could cook something of our preference.

I requested the Eagle's Nest room for size and amenities provided and it definitely did not disappoint. By far one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on in my life. Room is decor is exceptional and non cluttered. Everything was clean even though a guest had just stayed the night before. Room had a LCD television with DVD player. No SAT TV available in the room so definitely bring some movies with you if you'd like. Wifi is available in all the rooms and the signal strength was extremely good as was the network speed. We were the only ones staying that night so it was quiet all night and we definitely had a good night rest.

Rooms are pet friendly and our 2 dogs certainly enjoyed the stay and open area to run around and stretch out. You'd never expect that pets have ever stayed there before as everything is well maintained and cleaned.

No need to worry about a well system with sulfur smell. Dwight mentions hauling in fresh water from town into their tank reservoir for their B&B. Definitely a plus for anyone who may be bothered with other remote locations.

Breakfast was excellent, hearty and everything we had asked for. French toast, coffee, juice, sausage, hash, the works. No complaints. Janet and Dwight were extremely kind and shared stories and their history with us. Never were they intrusive during our stay, both respected our privacy after our arrival and explained that if we needed anything to feel free to ask. Definitely very kind people and we enjoyed laughing with them over breakfast.

If you're looking for privacy, peace & quiet, fresh air, and what a B&B should be no matter where you go, this is the place to choose. You will not be disappointed during your stay. Highly recommend Rising Moon and if I'm ever in the area again, I'll be sure to immediately book a stay here once again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 September 2013

When I realized I'd booked us in a B&B about 15-20 miles east of Dawson Creek, I felt bad that we were driving off our path for the night. However, what an outstanding find this place was for us! It was a treat from the moment we arrived. The cabins are built for privacy and comfort. After a long walk through the local quiet neighborhood, we went back to our room where we were warm and cozy all night long. The decor is perfect for inducing sleep, the bed outstanding, the bathroom efficient, the option of a refrigerator in the room a perfect touch to allow us to bring in our own snacks from the road and dinner too. Breakfast was a treat. Both Janet and Dwight sat down with us while we ate and chatted about the area, about building the retreat--they are great hosts and fun to know. ABSOLUTELY we would return--but we'd probably stay several days to really enjoy all options!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We wanted a quiet place for a weekend, after two weeks of driving. We found the best. Janet and Dwight are the nicest hosts and built two delightful--beautifully furnished and very clean cabins with a living/kitchen building between. It was a very convenient arrangement on six wooded acres. Despite the rain and cold weather, we enjoyed the grounds and walking around the area. Janet made great breakfasts and we got to visit like old friends with Dwight and Janet. This place is a treasure and so comfortable. We were fortunate to find it (despite getting lost) .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2012

After driving from Edmunton - we found just the spot we needed to relax and regroup before heading out on the Alaskan Highway beginning at Dawson Creek - Mile 0. Janet and Dwight were great hosts - hot tub was super - breakfast was wonderful! If we get back to this spot, we will stay there!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

When I researched Bed & Breakfasts online I stumbled upon the Rising Moon B & B, and I am soo glad I did. My boyfriend and I stayed there on the May Long Weekend (2012), and we had the most amazing time. We had the place to ourselves, and Janet and Dwight were top notch hosts. We fell in love with our cabin and the area and I couldn't stop telling my boyfriend how relaxed I was there. Rising Moon will always be the best mini vacation my boyfriend and I have ever had together and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to take a break from life, curl up by the fire, soak in the hot tub with a nice glass of wine, and just listen to the birds and let yourself go, a piece of paradise!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This place is an extrodinary escape. My fiancé and just finished driving the Alaskan Highway when we stayed here and the next day we were so rested and relaxed it felt like the first day of the trip. The land was beautiful, the food was sooooo good, and Dwight and Janet were wonderful hosts. The cabin was spotless and wonderfully decorated and the bed was soooo comfortable.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Wonderful location, lots of extra perks! Totally above and beyond any B & B we've stayed at. Luxurious cabins, BBQ's, fire pits, patio furniture everywhere. Our favourites were the hot tub on the lake front and the cook house, where we prepared our campfire supper. Complete privacy, especially if you happen to be the only guests! Plan to go again soon! Btw, prepare yourself for a HUGE and delicious breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple