“Loved it!”
Review of George Dawson Inn

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Dawson Creek
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Great place to stay! It is an older hotel, but it is obvious it has had a lot of ugrades and renos over the years.Looks as new in the rooms as any other "newer" hotel out there. We checked in and went up to our room. The room that had been selected for us had two queen beds. I asked my husband to call the front desk to see if he and I could be moved to a room with one king bed. The manager immediately came up to our floor and moved us to a room with a beautiful king sized sleigh bed with a JACCUZZI tub at no extra charge!! It was like a honeymoon suite, which was perfect, as my husband and I were on a date night without kids, and were in town to see Jason Aldean at the Encana Center! We had booked this hotel with expedia, but we didnt know that they expedia charges a sur charge, but the manager waived the fee for us, so long as we dined at the restaurant. We charged our meal to the room, and when we checked out, the bill was covered! Tracey the manager was super friendly and helpful. She genuinely cared about how we enjoyed our stay! She went above and beyond our expectations! We will most definitely stay here again when we are in Dawson Creek again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya S

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Even though the hotel is a bit older looking on the outside, the room was amazing! The staff on the front desk (Tracy, I think?) were great, as they always are when I stay there. There are newer hotels in Dawson, but I will never stay with them as long as this hotel remains in Dawson.
Very quiet, and luxurious room. The outside is deceiving, but once inside, you will be glad you chose to stay at the George Dawson Inn!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed for 1 night with my wife and 2 kids. Very good value for money, and would recommend the Pantry Restaurant. The room was clean, and the staff were welcoming. Felt like a vacation although it was a work trip, and that's why I'm leaving a review today. Would recommend to anyone looking for a very decent Inn that feels like home, and doesn't break the bank!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was a bit leery of this particular establishment, but I should not have been. It is an older Inn, but it is very well preserved! It is a very comfortable and quiet place to stay. The desk clerk was very amenable. When I asked about breakfast, I was told that each of us could have $10 off toward our breakfast. The restaurant is attached to the Inn, but they didn't allow the Inn's customers to have a "continental" breakfast. The breakfast we did have there was quite good, and since we had $10 off was very reasonable! I would highly recommend this stop. It is much more reasonable than some of the other places to stay in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

A Ritz-Carlton it is not, but the rooms were obviously recently redone, with thick carpets, new furniture and very comfortable beds at an absolute steal of a price ($99.99 / night when we booked). I had forgotten my toothbrush and the front desk cheerfully provided me with one, and the hallways were so quiet that night, we thought we might be the only ones in the hotel. Great night's sleep at a great price, all within walking distance of downtown.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We needed a room for one night to attend an event at the Encana Center. The newer Hotels close to the center were all full and usually are I am told. They are also very expensive. The George Dawson Inn was quite, clean, reasonable rates, and renos were done not long ago. Staff was good. Had dinner and breakfast at the Pantry Restaurant there. Reasonable and larger meals. Excellent Fish and Chips. Staff there was nice to us as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Sam S, General Manager at George Dawson Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for taking time out your busy schedule to share your positive comments about our hotel. We strive to meet and exceed the expectations of all of our guests and our staff will be very happy to hear your comments. We pride ourselves in being one of the most modern Pantry restaurant & happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal.

Thanks & Regards,
Sam Sethi

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Booked this direct through the hotel, and saved 70$/night over what expedia was quoting. The room was clean, quiet and spacious. Equipped with flatscreen tv. Everything I was hoping for.

One downside - VERRRY slow internet

Room Tip: don't get a room on the first floor - everyone in this town seems to drive big noisy trucks, and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Our staff prides itself on great service, affordable rates and a beautiful clean Hotel. I am sorry to hear about the slow internet & have already taken action at my end to upgrade it to a faster speed. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Thanks & Regards,