My husband and I rarely get away from our busy lives, so when some friends suggested we take off for an overnight at the Backeddy Resort, it was perfect timing!! We started our "getaway" at the Back Nine restaurant at the Pender Harbour Golf Course. Lovely outdoor patio, great caesars, ( thanks Nicole!!) and a great menu! One of our friends has Celiac, so the chef personally prepared a meal for her! The staff were all so welcoming and friendly!
Then we took off to what we thought was going to be our cute, rustic cabin at the Backeddy Resort. What it turned out to be was a beautiful, brand new oceanview "cabin"! It was decorated beautifully with an outstanding patio overlooking the ocean. Peter, our host welcomed us, showed us around the resort and made us feel right at home. We took off for an awesome hike to the Skookumchuck where the rapids did not disappoint! We made it just at the peak of the flood tide and got to watch kayakers hanging out in the rapids! Headed to the Backeddy Pub after that and were treated yet again with an amazing view, food and a "swarm" of beautiful hummingbirds! We stayed up quite late, drinking the Malbec Peter left us... (thanks Peter!!) by the campfire, savouring every moment of our time away.
Thank you Peter for having the customer service ability you have! It really shows in your staff.. Emily, thank you ! You are lovely! We will return soon!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extraordinary experiences in the heart of nature! Cabins, Inn rooms, and Glamping domes. Waterfront pub, cafe, mountain bike, kayak and paddle board rentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Backeddy Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backeddy Resort And Marina
- Backeddy Resort & Marina Hotel Egmont