“Family vacation”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

traveller...
Greater Sydney, Australia
“Family vacation”
Reviewed 14 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Our family stayed for a great week with Carol and Jim who were lovely hosts. They were very helpful with suggestions for local fishing holes and activities. Renting the entire main house was perfect for us with the grandparents downstairs with their own retreat and the rest of the family upstairs. The house also had everything we needed to cater for large groups (11 of us) when local family came to visit. The kids had a great time exploring the property and didn't want to leave. thx for the memories, Kyle

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
21 Aug 2017
I was thrilled to have our Australian guests stay with us they were wonderful to have on the property. The children were so good and they were completely enamored with our ponies,lol. Really hope to have this family come back again.
Drew M
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Looking for peace and quiet and are tired of the same old hotel experience? Then this is the place for you. I have stayed multiple times at this bed and breakfast and plan on many more happy returns.
We have stayed in all three available suites and each time was a pleasure. For those looking for a romantic weekend getaway the cabin is a perfect choice. Cozy and comfy sums it up. Nice little kitchenette so you don't have to eat out every meal and a lovely screened in deck complete with propane fireplace to take away the nip when enjoying the evening air. The cabin has been totally redone so everything is very modern and spotlessly clean.
My girlfriend and I just rented the main house in June and I just can't stress enough what an amazing stay we had. Jim and Carol go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one. Anything you need they are on it. Carol meets you with a feast for breakfast organic jams and honey for your toast yoghurt, fruit. More than enough. The one thing I want to mention because as a person with a bad back and one who travels a lot bed comfort is very important to me. The beds in all three suites are fabulous!!! No lumpy hard mattresses here!! All the bedding is high end as well. The house is stocked with pretty much everything you need and is very comfortable, but the deck is the most amazing!! We spent tones of time out there just reading, watching their beautiful horses play and graze, and then of course sitting in the hot tub.
As you can see I could go on and on. To sum it up I love love love this place and all I can say is stay stay stay!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 Aug 2016
Jody: Thank you for such a wonderful review!!! Jody has been coming here for quite some time and the thing we love most about operating our vacation rentals is the people who we have met over the last seven years since we started. Jody and her husband Drew first started coming here years ago when we had just the cabin for rent. Then it was the Farm House Lower Suite and this year it was the Farm House Upper Suite. This year was our first year of operating as a Vacation rental instead of a bed and breakfast facility. We decided to change due to rising food costs and with renovations completed our guests have either full kitchens or kitchenette's that allow them to be self sufficient where meal planning is concerned. I am very happy to say the feed back has been very positive so we will continue as we are and with great reviews such as these we hope to have the pleasure of meeting many more people from around the world. I cannot express enough how wonderful the people who have come to our place have been over the last seven years !! I have had the pleasure of meeting people from all walks of like, many different European countries the United States and Canada. All have been so wonderfully engaging and the stories that have been told have enriched my husbands and my life. Jody I so look forward to the next visit!!! To top it off I love the looks on our guests faces when we tell them to help themselves to the organic apples, plums, cherries, and black berries that grow in multitudes on our property. We tend to take them for granted as they are so easily accessible and I hate to say it we are a bit spoilt for that reason,lol. Jody I forgot Rhubarb,lol. Take care and see you soon my friend. Again, thank you for the wonderful review it warms my heart.
PFAJ
Calgary, Canada
“Great place to relax, beautiful scenery and very family friendly.”
Reviewed 23 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

This has been our third year staying at Red Wing Acres and consider it our second home. You have all the convenience of home but with beautiful scenery and peace and quiet. Close to Mabel Lake and the river. The all around screened in patio allows you to fully enjoy the outside with out all the bugs. Also, the horses are amazing to watch from the screened in patio. Carol (owner) is so friendly and very accommodating.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
24 Aug 2016
Franca: Thank you for the lovely review and as always it is a pleasure to have this family stay here over the years. Look forward to seeing all of you next July.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing