“All right for one night”

Howard Johnson Inn Enderby
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Enderby
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I will admit that I do not care for having a pub in such close proximity to my hotel room and was expecting a noisy night considering I was staying over a Saturday night on a long weekend. But much to my surprise it was not at all noisy and I got a pretty goods night rest. That being said I could see it becoming noisy if there were a large group staying here being the hotel is quite small and all the rooms face each other in a courtyard style setting with a swimming pool in the middle. As someone earlier noted the rooms are not carpeted but have what looks like laminate flooring which in my opinion is not a bad thing for a multitude of reasons.

Room Tip: Accessing your room is a little different here and is hard to explain other than you have to go thro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 May 2013

In it's hey day, this was probably a quality Inn but as the years have gone by and there has been little apparent maintenance apart from some amateur DIY stuff, the place is looking a bit tired and shabby. Having said that, the staff were very friendly and the quality and variety of food in the restaurant was very good. Overall good value for money.
When we arrived in Enderby we drove straight past it because it had 'Fortunes Landing' and 'Liquor Store' on the side of the building. The room itself on the ground floor had been 'refurbished' to a degree.The room was a bit depressing, there was dark wood lino on the floor, no carpet, which made it very cold underfoot. The room door was a domestic type front door and the lock didn't work from the inside but there was a chain from a hardware store for security. There was no opening window in the room. However, the bed was comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. In the restaurant, most of the sealing on the wooden floor had disappeared so it was down to bare boards in places.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed one night, on a saturday. Had a room farthest from the bar but the band noise was too loud. Supposed to stop at 1AM but played to 1:30. Forget about sleep. Building old but room was OK, comfortable bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
HOWARDJOHNSONENDERBY, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Enderby, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

I would lke to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of the Howard Johnson Enderby. I appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into.

Once again, I apologize for being kept awake due to the band playing, and any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.

Donna McKenzie
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
HOWARDJOHNSONENDERBY, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Enderby, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I stay at this hotel quite frequently. The location is great for the business I do. The staff always makes you feel wecome and the rooms are comfortable. The building is older but the rooms have been kept up quite well and it is nice to be able to count on the fact the room will be to your liking.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Our room could have been cleaner; ie the carpet was dirty enough that I would not remove my shoes....bathroom corners need a good scrub.
Most of all though, is the entrance to the rooms. We had a ground floor room; and either had to go through the restaurant and bar; or go to the back of the building (the alley)through a gate; where there was absolutely no lights!!!! When I returned in the evening; even that gate was locked, so I was left in the dark alley having to walk around to the front of the building and the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SPUDDYPG118
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I cannot believe it still has the name of "Howard Johnson". Should the standards same as other "Howard Johnson"? no elevator, carry your luggage all the way to the back and upstairs, air conditioner is old and so noisy right beside your bed, wind blows to your bed directly, cannot open winders because it is too close to your bed, you have hard time to sleep, but they are having a band in the pub playing loud music not far from your room, not even a good restaurant nearby,...... If I don't have to, I would not give a star.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
HOWARDJOHNSONENDERBY, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Enderby, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate all comments and suggestions in order to improve everybodys stay. I regret to hear your stay with us was unpleasent, as an Inn access to the rooms are outside with ground level rooms and also rooms on a second level with access only being stairs. I would like to assure you that we are in the process of doing renovations, these where stopped for the summer and will continue in the fall. We usually do not have bands playing in the pub until after the September long week-end, this past July was an exception due to Sturgis North week-end we did have a band this year. We do have a wonderful restaurant on site that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Next time you and your family are in the area please call me. Be assured your comments have helped and we will review these issues further.
Kelly Hawley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enderby
Comfort Inn & Suites
Best Western Pacific Inn
No photo provided
Sleep Right Inn
#1 of 1 in Enderby

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Enderby? Share your experiences!