“Overcharged me for extra guests, and asked the guest to pay again!”

Furry Creek Bed and Breakfast
Furry Creek Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Furry Creek B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Overcharged me for extra guests, and asked the guest to pay again!”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We stayed here during my wedding because it was close to the venue. I was charge extra fee because I had extra guests, so I was happy to pay it knowing she would accommodate our two friends. She said she would have extra mattress for them or they can sleep in the couch. When they checked in, she said there's no room and asked them to rent at the other house (Amex) She asked them to pay again. Margareth (owner) should have offered the other accommodation (Amex) and not charge them because I already paid for it. Why would you charge extra fee for extra service if you're not going to provide it and charge the guest again!? When I asked her to refund me $200 she said "NO"

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Sulit

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
England
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Wonderful B&B not far from Horsehoe Bay. We found it via TripAdvisor and it lived up to the existing reviews. We had the 'Romantic Room' which has a shared bathroom but as there were no other guests at our end of the B&B we didn't mind. Everything was very clean and well appointed with plenty of places to relax. Margaret is very welcoming and happy to chat whenever you want and her breakfast choice was vast! Really good.
This B&B is especially good for groups as the accomodation is very flexible also it is right next to a good golf course so you can fit in an early morning round.
The property has a lovely garden and backs on to the manicured golf course and you can chill out in the hammock. Would happily stay here again when passing through.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rekker
Stromstad, Sweden
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Manicured lawns and fine houses all around reminiscent of some guarded communities. We are close to the golf course that gently sprawls down the hill all the way to the water. A peaceful setting I only really discovered the next morning because I arrived well after nightfall. And what a gorgeous house (would the word 'mansion' perhaps be more adequate?)! In over thirty years staying at B&Bs in different countries I have not seen a house showing such refinement, style and good taste, where at the same time I felt really welcome. It is this combination which took my fancy. This is not the place to elaborate on lofty waiters and such likes in some of the better restaurants, but the reader of this review will catch my drift. At Furry Creek B&B I luckily never experienced that. It just would not be Margareth's way.

The quiet 'Romantic Room' offered a very pleasant view on the quiet garden. Very clean and comfortable, it had nothing missing and delicate attentions from the bag of lavender left on the folded towels to the more mundane but useful coffee maker on a small side table made a very good impression on me. The adjacent bathroom I shared with other guests was tops in all respects

Margareth was attentive and helpful, offered great conversation over breakfast or at any other time for that matter. And a mighty breakfast it was, all the more impressive when on the second morning I saw that Margareth was not going to cut corners although I was the only guest on that day. Everything imaginable was spread on the large breakfast table and it became abundantly clear that I was getting spoilt once more.

The idea was only to stopover around Squamish on the long drive down to Vancouver Island, but I regretted having to leave after what turned out to be too short a stay. At any rate this is also a great place to stay for anybody who wishes to be close to the Horseshoe Ferry Terminal.

Room Tip: If on a very limited budget you can just book just a bed and share the loft with other guests.