“Beautiful views in a tranquil setting, with superb hosts” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arbutus Bluff Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gabriola Island
Arbutus Bluff Bed and Breakfast
Vancouver, Canada
“Beautiful views in a tranquil setting, with superb hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

We stayed for two nights in this b & b, the room was lovely and the breakfasts fantastic. Liz went out of her way to help us enjoy our stay on the island. The view from the room cannot be matched, we watched bald eagles fly by from the hot tub. The b & b is also fairly central on the island, so its a great place to explore from. Can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

Up high, with a far away, but uninterrupted view of the coast islands and inlets. Eagles swing by and smaller birds are plentiful. Deer wandered through and of all things, one of us encountered a wild turkey! The outside hottub was placed to take it all in, and the suite was elegantly appointed west coast. Food & service were great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

Arbutus B&B is amongst the best I have stayed at. The rooms are beautifully and thoughtfully appointed - gorgeous linens, fireplace, wonderful spacious en-suite bathroom, full sea views, private. The owner, Liz, has picked lovely furniture and hung tasteful local art. She also makes a wonderful breakfast - local raspberries and other fruit, amazing eggs and the best muffins I've ever tasted.

This is a purpose-built B&B which focuses on privacy and independence. Each bedroom has an ensuite, and a patio with two comfy lounge overlooking the sea and islands. The two bedrooms share a lovely bright common area - making it ideal for two couples to book together. The fridge is stocked with quality essentials. There is a hot-tub with sea/island views. Liz ensures everything is alright and agrees a reasonable time for breakfast - and then leaves you to your holiday.

Arbutus B&B is excellent.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2009

The two guest suites are located in a separate wing of the house and are totally private. The rooms are beautifully furnished, spotlessly clean and the wet room with double (!)shower is something else....
Breakasts are beautifully prepared, cooked and served at a time to suit you. There is a "common room" shared by the two suites with coffee/tea, microwave, fridge etc and also DVD's for the use of the guests.
There is also a large hot tub by your private sitting area.
The B&B is sited on a 10 acre lot and is on a high bluff facing South. There are therefore stunning views of the mountains on Vancouver Island and about 10 or 20 other Gulf islands. The Gabriola golf club is only minutes away as is the "village" with various shopping amenities. The golf course is very scenic and members and staff are very friendly but the grass is not in particularly good condition. There are about 4 or 5 restauants on the Island all comfortable & relaxed. Food was good value for money, particularly at "Suzies" but if fine-dining is your thing, Gabriola will be a disappointment!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2005

I consider myself a non B&B person. I like quiet, I prefer to choose interaction rather than have it thrust upon me, I don't like sharing bathrooms, and I refuse to have breakfast at what I consider an inhumanely early hour.
On the other hand I love travel and beautiful environments. Thus I feel compelled to tell you about an outstanding B&B that exceeded both my needs and expectations: Arbutus Bluff B&B.
I departed from downtown Vancouver via Harbourlynx for an enjoyable hour and a quarter trip to Nanaimo Harbour. Upon disembarking I was met by my rental car company representative. Immediately adjacent was the ferry departing for my destination Gabriola Island. This ferry trip was a very comfortable 20 minute duration.
My drive to the B&B covered some beautifully treed, rolling, deer populated countryside. I was met by the two extremely friendly hosts Liz Lutz and her husband Bill Moisuik.
My introduction to my guest suite was a delightful surprise. Beautifully equiped with a lovely stone walled shower, fireplace, and walk out to one of the most exquisite 365 degree views I have ever experienced.
The property is a sanctuary from my typically noisy urban home.
Before I turned in that evening my hosts confirmed the time that I had requested breakfast and I assured them that I was extremely comfortable in my suite. I fell asleep to the sound of crickets outside my window.
The following morning I peeked out the door of my room to find a warm carafe of coffee awaiting me. Breakfast was a delight from start to finish. Fresh local fruit was followed by warm muffins and croissants and a perfect omelette including smoked salmon but not cream cheese due to my dairy allergy.
Optional post breakfast activities include Pilates classes by certified instructor, Liz.
Given the attention to every concern I had as a non B&B person, I would highly recommend a visit to Arbutus Bluff B&B. I have already booked a return visit. Rates were very reasonable for this wonderful experience.

6 Thank SuWillson
#5 of 16 in Gabriola Island
Surf Lodge and Pub
Surf Lodge and Pub
#1 of 3 in Gabriola Island

Been to Arbutus Bluff Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!