Tyax lodge is all that you see on their website and more
Beautiful; secluded and a lovely place to relax and enjoy nature. The lakeview rooms have views to die for. In addition the rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The hot tub and spa exceeded my expectations. The lodge hit on all the high points; alas it was the little things that added up to a less than 5 star stay
1. I'm am avid fisherman. Tyax website devotes 6 paragraphs to the great fishing at the lake and states "No need to bring your own rod -- we’ve got all the gear necessary" The gear consisted of 2 non working spinning rods. No one cared and I could have fixed the problem for $100 in total
2. Nothing but decafe coffee
3. 6 beautiful paddle boards; only 2 paddles
4. Only 4 menu items in restaurant for dinner. Granted they were excellant ( sebastian was not only a great chef but a very great person). To me even throwing a daily special into the mix would have gone along way for those of us staying multiple days
5. Really slow drink refills. I wasn't going to mention it but when my 15 year old said "i'm getting a coke too because they never come back to fill our waters" I couldn't have agreed with him more.
My complaints may be trivial to some. To me they added up to just short of the mark. I'm not sure if I would go back but I will say that the resort as a whole is excellant. I'm glad I went.
Oh and both roads in and out were nothing like I imagined from the doomsayers on here. The scenery way way overwhelmed any jostling an dumping incurred while driving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tyax Wilderness Resort & Spa is a unique property, sitting on Tyaughton Lake and surrounded by the towering peaks of the Southern Chilcotin Mountains in British Columbia. The lodge is one of Canada's largest log structures and offers a fusion of luxury and comfort while retaining a rustic lodge atmosphere. The area is renowned for outdoor adventure and recreation, with an endless trail system which provides some of the best alpine mountain biking routes, hiking trails, nature walks, and horseback rides that British Columbia has to offer. Recreational fishing, kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, and floatplane tours add to the experience. The resort boasts a beautiful lake view dining room & patio with stunning views, high arched ceilings and a breathtaking stone fireplace. The kitchen features a seasonal à la carte menu from an incredibly talented team of chefs. The Spa includes 3 treatment rooms, an infrared sauna, dry sauna, eucalyptus steam room, 22 person outdoor Hot Tub, yoga studio, and body work professionals who can assist you after sport or during your absorption of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tyax Wilderness Hotel Gold Bridge
- Tyax Mountain Lake Hotel
- Hotel Tyax Mountain Lake