“Great value!!!”

Western Traveller Motel
Western Traveller Motel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This is great place to stay. It is conveniently located to some good restaurants and is my place to stay when I am in the area for business. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Having a room with a kitchen is convenient at times when working late. The rates are pretty fair for the amenities. This is definitely a place I would recommend to stay at Grand Forks.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Elmer T
There are newer reviews for Western Traveller Motel

Reviewed 2 November 2012

the western traveller motel has been and still is a convenient and clean place for me when I work out of town, I'am usually there for a week and sometimes ten days at a time, working in the area. I get a full kitchen room, and do my own cooking while I'm there. I've stayed there 3 to 4 times a year, and sometimes during christmas day or thanksgiving day with my family and even our dog. I've always had great service, clean room, fresh clean sheets, every day, to me just like I'am at home. I would recommend this motel, to anyone. Larry R. Jamieson 602 schofield hwy. warfield B. C. v1r-2g8 lgsjamson@shaw.ca

Room Tip: get one of the rooms with full kitchen, if you plan on staying in the area, for awhile, great for fa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We ended up having to drive through here after a trip to Cranbrook to meet a friend and it was an unexpected stop for the night. Although my stay was short having been one night, I liked the motel and my expectations were definitely met for the price and amenities offered. We checked in fairly late (I believe it was around 10:30pm) but we were quickly checked in and we shown to our rooms. I think it was the hotel owner who was manning the desk and he was quick and polite. The room was showing its age but was clean and I had no trouble falling asleep in the bed after a nice hot shower. If the room was good enough for me to pass out in after a long drive, that’s the most important thing. I left early the next day without a hitch, so yes I’d give this place a thumbs up. It’s a small town motel, what more could I ask for?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2012

After a long drive from Vancouver coming into USA, we stayed at this motel for one night. Although it was a peak season at the time, the price we were charged was pretty reasonable compared to other motels we previously experienced. We had a room with two queen beds. It was suprisingly CLEAN AND VERY COMFORTABLE. Workers there were really nice and helped us out with direction. Many restaurants were with in walking distance and the motel location was perfect. Definitely we'll come back for this place....If you're looking for nice place to stay at Grand Fork, we highly recommend Western Traveller Motel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Rooms don't make sense, the bathroom is split in half through the living room and actual bathroom. The front desk clerk was horridly rude, caring more about his smoke then the customers. There was blood on the mattress, hair in the blow dryers and the sheets were honestly made out of paper - you can hear every single move all night and keeping you up.
The rooms are infested with bugs, spiders running all over my bed and in my bag (don't leave anything on the floor!)

Not worth even $40 a night. I would rather camp outside in a tent for $80 a night then stay here again. SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
westtravmotel, Owner at Western Traveller Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

We have no idea how to describe this review what the guest wrote it.
However, this is a quite abusive story against the reality of our hospitality.
We hope not to write a biased story.
Western Traveller Motel is serving guests with all the possible efforts for nine years based on the family oriented business.
As a result of the positive philosophy, uncountable number of guests left their comments with very enjoyable and comfortable stay.
In addition, as an AAA/CAA approved motel with two-diamond rating, we have been reported for the inspection with excellent house keeping without any defectives for nine consecutive years.
In case of certain field of our service was not meet to the demand of guests and or our failure has incurred,
We, our staff, always open for cheerful advice.
Thank You.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed here the long weekend in August . The hotel we stayed in the month before was full as was our second choice , so this how we came to stay here at Western Traveller. To be fair the room was clean to look at . The bathroom had the bare minimum of shampoo and soap and there was coffee for the machine . But the room smelled of smoke which was strange since it was a non smoking room . But worst of all was that the minute I lay on the bed under the covers I started itching like crazy ....it was simply awful . I immediately thought bed bugs and began a search . I did find bugs but they looked more like fleas than bed bugs . As we were there on a work trip we had no choice but to stay and hope the bugs went away . By the end of our time both my husband and I were covered in red welts from scratching all the bites . We couldn't say anything to the front desk because when we checked out at 8:15 am the office was still closed. Also note for late arrival , they close the office at 11 pm .

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We pulled into this motel on day one of our motorcycle trip into the USA we were tired and wanted a place where we could park our bikes safely under cover as we could see it may rain. The owner showed us where to park and we went to our room and were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was and also how large .We had a nice quiet room and went across the street to a awesome restaurant and had a beautiful meal. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: End of upper hall quiet and cool
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple