“Breakfast”
Review of Jogas Espresso

Jogas Espresso
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Organic coffee daily lunch specials as well as soft ice cream smoothies and frresh baking
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I came in to the café for breakfast. The café is quaint and homey. I had a cappuccino (wet) and oatmeal. The service was prompt and friendly. One can tell the locals come here. Prices were right for breakfast. I would certainly come here again for breakfast or coffee. There was local artists work hanging on the wall. They have quite a large menu of items.

• Visited October 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“It was okay but I'm still to find the perfect cappuccino”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We ordered an apple strudel and blueberry scone and two cappuccinos again in the hope of finding a good cappuccino. But alas unfortunately I did not find the cappuccino I was looking for here.

If you don't mind cappuccinos made on non-fat milk then Jogas is good. I still didn't get my smooth velvety espresso with a nice crema with steamed milk topped off with a rich, smooth foam. It seems cappuccinos here are made on skim or no-fat milk.

Unfortunately skim milk or no-fat milk give large, stiff and dry bubbles rather than the smooth, rich foam made from either full fat or low fat milk - I like the first sip of amy cappuccino to be smooth and creamy in the mouth.

So if you are after a traditional cappuccino it seems it is difficult to find. Maybe I shall have to ask for a cappuccino made on part-fat or full-fat milk in future.

For those who like cappuccinos and lattes made on no-fat milk then it's perfect. The apple strudel was quite nice. The blueberry scone was okay. All the bakey goods looked fresh.

• Visited September 2013
“Just okay”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stopped for lunch and had the smoked salmon bagel which came with absolutely nothing on the side--no chips, pickle or garnishment. Still, it was fairly tasty. When we ordered and paid I used US currency which is 1.00 for 1.04 Canadian. I didn't ask for or expect an exchange rate but the cashier called out to the owner asking what to do. He sounded irritated when he responded, "I don't deal with the exchange rate." I bet he would if the US dollar was worth less. At any rate, it didn't seem like a very friendly place and the food was just okay.

• Visited July 2013
Grand Forks, Canada
“OK... I guess.”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The goodies were stale, the coffee pretty good, service staff were basically uninterested.

Visited July 2011
Grand Forks
“Great coffee spot - just off hwy”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Looking for a good stop and a quick bite - this is a good one, fresh made baked goods, soups, etc...

• Visited January 2012