“Dont plan on having hot water...cause you probably wont.”

Sigma Inn & Suites Hudson's Hope
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hudson's Hope
Miramichi, Canada
“Dont plan on having hot water...cause you probably wont.”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed here for over two months now and as the title says, no hot water. Its been hit an miss with hot water. Some days there is hot water and then some days there is warm water. Now its just cold. When talking to front desk staff, they say waiting on a part, just trying to shower at the busy time so maybe wait a bit, plumber is working on it, or whatever else pops into thier head. Not reliable. As for the cleaning and what not, no its not great. Breakfast is poor as well

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed at the hotel in February of 2012. The rooms were very nice, it was neat and tidy when I checked in. I went to use my tablet with the wireless internet they advertise and guess what? IT WONT WORK because their system wasn't properly setup for wireless in most rooms (according to the front desk I either needed to be closer to the router or go into the main lobby to use this service). The staff was friendly but as others have said it is fairly costly to stay in Hudsons hope. I think the room was around $140 a night, but thats ok, since I was not going to stay down the road at the sportsman... I would have braved the -20 temperatures in my truck. So my 3 star rating is simply because it was not spectacular but it was as expected.....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Oregon Coast
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,644 helpful votes
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Our group was four women and two dogs, and we needed two rooms with four beds. We walked in without reservations at about 6:00 pm and requested two rooms near each other on the ground floor. To us, the price was a bit high at about $135 per room, but the hotel seemed quite nice.

The initial "glitch" was as follows - the air conditioning did not work in one of the rooms. We punched buttons, checked the plug and even gave it a little whack, all to no avail. So we called the front desk and the fellow mumbled something about getting maintenance. We waited a bit, then went to the front desk to speak directly to the clerk. He admitted there might not be a maintenance guy on duty, so offered to give us another room.

After tapping a lot of computer keys, all he had available were rooms with one king bed, which we would not accept. So he gave us each a room at *no* additional charge! They happened to be the Handicapped rooms but we didn't mind at all as they were still very near to our friends' room.

I think this was a very fair solution to the problem, and appreciated it.

The rooms were large and very clean. They each had a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot with good quality coffee as well as a large flat screen TV. The towels were soft and fluffy and there were a lot of them! The shampoo, conditioner, soap and hand lotion were all very good quality.

Even though the hotel was full or nearly so, it was quiet. I didn't hear anybody above me.

Breakfast was an expanded Continental off the lobby, and other than the fact the breakfast room was overly warm and stuffy, it was good with a decent variety of food.

Overall, we enjoyed our one night stay, and would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: The side away from the parking lot is quieter in the morning.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank half-Brit
Kelowna
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Apparently the customer is supposed to understand that the reason your room does not get cleaned is because they are short staffed. They will clean your room if they get to it and when they do you get to it it is minimal. No vacuuming or the bed (clean sheets once a week) or normal cleaning. In the two weeks of my stay so far I have had one Chambermaid clean throroughly. I work nights and sleep during the day and one time I put "Do Nto Disturb" on the door and they wanted to clean the room. Even though there is a coffee pot in the room, No coffee is put in the room. In the suites there is very minimal dishes, utensils and pots. I had to ask them to increase the hot water for the hot tub in my room as it was only warm. The breakfast changes sometimes there is lots sometimes it is minimal. I would not recommend this hotel for cleanliness for sure.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Prince George
Reviewed 24 April 2012

So, last week I checked in thinking it was a Best Western. 2 weeks prior to checking in. the hotel became a Sigma Inn & Suites. I thought ok fine. I stayed there 4 nights. The rooms are very large and clean. Please note the following issues:
#1 no hot water during my 4 day stay. according to the young lady at the front desk, the plumber was waiting for a part.
#2 conti breakfast had a choice of Rice krispies, Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran. No bread items. No fruit.
#3 some hotel staff enjoyed an early evening fire pit directly behind the hotel facing about 50 rooms .So you have cool weather. Several beers per person. So guess what. They relieved themselves right there. I'm glad they turned so not to face the 50 rooms. I thought "Welcome to the Sigma Inn."
#4 Their new restaurant just opened. But, the cook got fired so in turn the restaurant was just closed.

And all this for 150 dollars per night.

I was there last year when it was a Best Western. so I returned but, oh well. The choices in Hudson Hope are very few.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room not facing the fire pit. Also ask if the hot water works.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank benPrinceGeorge
Prince George
Reviewed 23 August 2011

A very clean and well appointed hotel. Good wifi and work desk in the room. A great place to stay in Hudson's Hope.

• Stayed August 2011