“Disappointment.”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Nakusp, Canada
“Disappointment.”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have had a few great meals here and always recommend them to those who ask where is the best place to eat.
This last visit however was such a disappointment!
Our entree's were served on a pile of INSTANT MASHED POTATOES!! The roast chicken appeared to be a very small half of a cornish game hen and came 10 minutes after every one else was served.
I have been a cook for many years and i have never seen or used instant potatoes ever!!
I don't mind paying $24-$29.00 a meal but this was unacceptable!
My friends and family brought me for my birthday and it was such a let down.
I wont be recommending this place again!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Margo Y

Kamloops, Canada
“Dinner out in Nakusp.”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stopped in here for supper while we were staying in Nakusp. It was one of the only places open. It was good. Friendly service. Average atmosphere. Food was good. I had the chicken burger with lemon and thyme and my boyfriend had the linquine with mushroom and bacon. Both meals were good.

• Visited October 2013
Osaka, Japan
“Maybe the usual cook was on vacation?”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

After reading all the positive reviews my wife and I stopped in for lunch on the way through Nakusp. We ordered the borscht, yam fries, and calamari. The borscht was passable but the other two dishes were barely edible. The calamari was mostly tiny little squid legs that had literally been burnt to a crisp (black!) and were super salty. About 10 long stalks of cilantro were draped over them too so the effect was like a warm, limp salad. The yam fries were also brown/black and came with a few old french fries mixed in. The "ambiance" was also a bit strange as there was no music (and only one other customer) so the only sound was the waitress's booming voice as she chatted with another waitress out at the bar.

After seeing all the positive reviews of this place I can only guess that the usual cook was on vacation and they had some high school kid back there working the fryer.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank drsOsaka_Japan
Garden Valley, Idaho
“Great place to eat and drink”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

After a long trip from southern Idaho to Trout Lake BC we find Nakusp a great stopping point to recharge. Finding the CMH K2 Roto Lodge tavern/dining room a few years back turned out to be a real bonus part of our trip.
The recent stop was my third annual visit and if anything it has gotten better each time. The staff are great and quite helpful, the lounge and dining areas are cozy and fun, the bar is nice too (since we are at the last leg of our trip the bar does get some use). Our party of 8 pretty much covered the menue and everyone was pleased, particularly me with the super Fish and Chips. The fish was great and the sweet potato fry substitution was to die for.
I'll be back!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Glenn H
Nakusp, Canada
“Best Eats in Town”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I am a local resident very familiar with the few restaurants that we have here. And for consistency, quality, and variety-- this is the best place. They have a knack for great food presentation as well.

Visited October 2012