The Lodge at Arrow Lakes
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Silverton Resort(Silverton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsliquor storecool decorno air conditioningdesk staffcomfortable bedsjacuzzi tubking bedarrow lakegreat place to staystay there againcmhrotorhelinoisemotelwifibedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We have stayed at the Kuskanax several times over the years. The staff are friendly and helpful, great/big/clean rooms. Book in advance if you can!!! You certainly don't wAnt to get stuck in an un- air conditioned room in the summer! They are hot, sticky and impossible to sleep in!

Reviewed 15 June 2010

My friend and I drove in @ 4:00 on Friday and got the last AC room. Room was large, newly renovated and clean. Service at the front desk was excelent. I have recently visited nakusp gain Victoria Day long weegend 2010 with my mother. We stayed 2 nights and have enjoyed the stay. Restaurant has excelent food and service - also very good value. Recommend Chocolate Mouse Cake for dessert - it is to die for!!!
I will bee returning with my friend August 2010 and we will be staying and dining at Kuskanax Lodge - I consider this my home in Nakusp!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2010

This hotel is located is Nakusp so you are close to the downtown stores and the grocery store. The hotel has a cold beer and wine store and restaurant.

You can walk down to the water front which is a block away and talk a stroll on the paved pathway that follows the shore line and enjoy the great views.

We stayed for three nights and had a kitchenette unit with 2 separate rooms and a pullout in the living room area. The price was right for $99 a night. The hotel room we stayed in was clean and met our needs. This is a not a 4 star hotel but it is a nice clean place to stay.

I have no idea where this hotel bought their beds from but they are honestly like sleeping on cement.....well actually the first thought that came to mind was that it was like sleeping on a coffee table that had a sheet thrown over it. I know that other reviews have commented on this fact as well. The beds are so hard I don't know if I would stay here again unless I brought a foamy or a thick sleeping bag to sleep on.

So if you like a hard bed this is the place for you...if not...I would ask them when you book your room if they have a room with a softer mattres.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2009

After a quick get away at the beginning of July, we decided to return in August with the family. The Kuskanax is very centrally located - swimming beach & park within a block, grocery store right across the street. During both our stays, we were located in the main building which is older however, both rooms were fully renovated and very clean. Unfortunately this building does not have air conditioning. This was OK in July on the lower floor but in August on the second floor, it was very warm and a bit difficult to sleep. For this trip we booked the 2 bedroom kitchen unit which was very reasonably priced and a necessity when traveling with two teenage girls. The very, very tiny kitchen was stocked with basic equipment - bring your own corkscrew and mixing bowl. I was disappointed that the kitchen unit did not come with a full size coffee maker - just a small 4 cup hotel size. During both stays, the TV's were very old and very small. I was also surprised that neither room we stayed in came with a blow dryer - something I stopped traveling with as this seems to be standard equipment at any hotel. As other reviews mention that they found the hotel "well equipped" I can only imagine that they stayed in the newer building and perhaps the hotel is in the midst of renovations & updates. There is a small lounge in the hotel as well as a restaurant. The food and service in both locations was good and efficient - nothing exceptional but good. We visited both Halcyon and Nakusp Hot springs during our trip. Halcyon is a bit of a drive but is beautiful and is our choice. The restaurant at Halcyon offers fantastic food in a great location. Also received a great aroma therapy massage at the Halcyon Spa. We also took in some of the many hiking and (mountain) biking trails and found them fantastic for people looking for moderate trails. Kudos to the community of Nakusp, for the size of your community I was blown away by the fantastic Canada Day fireworks display!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We stopped in here on our way back down to Spokane, Washington and were very please with the staff and accomodations....clean, comfortable rooms with wide screen TV and Wifi...staff was helpful...we choose not to eat at the restaurant as it looked like people were getting their food awfully slowly,

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple