Halcyon Hot Springs
Travelocity
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Silverton Resort(Silverton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewskingfisher restauranthot poolshot springsarrow lakechange roomsthe cottagesbedroom chaletpools were nicepool noodlesrv parkking fishermain buildingqueen bedfull kitchenaccommodationshotspringsrobes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Following the Penticton Ironman Triathlon on Aug.26th and watching our son complete his first Ironman, my wife and I planned to visit the many hot springs in our beautiful Province. Eventually we visited 5 and stayed in 3 with Halcyon being the first of the 3. Thoroughly impressed with all aspects of this resort. We had chalet 9A and stayed for 2 nights, Aug.27 and 28. This place really is a gem, very clean, friendly staff and great food at the Kingfisher. The views of north Arrow lake are incredible and when we visit again, we will also take advantage of the many other sites nearby including Nakusp Hot Springs only about 30 minutes south of Halcyon. Of the 3 we stayed in and I won't mention the other names, Halcyon was superior by far and if repeat business is of any consideration, we will be going back and hopefully very soon. Anyway, thanks to everyone there for making our stay very enjoyable.

3  Thank grandsonmatthew
HalcyonHotSprings, Public Relations Manager at Halcyon Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you so much for such a great review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities. We really hope to have you back. See you soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is a great place to go and relax! We loved the hot springs and the pool below. Very clean pools and room. The little town of Nakusp ia very charming. We loved our meal at the German pizzeria in town as well as at the Kingfisher at Halycon. We also really enjoyed the ferry ride on the road from Revelstoke.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
HalcyonHotSprings, Guest Relations Manager at Halcyon Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for the lovely review! We are glad you enjoyed your time at Halcyon, and we hope that you will be back soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our recent stay at HHS. The pools were very nice indeed, especially in the evening. The staff were friendly and helpful and overall, this is a very nice place. I do, however, feel the need to voice my few concerns regarding the cabins. Having done much (!) road trip travelling with a large family (4 kids and sometimes mother-in-law) I can appreciate conveniences that a smaller group might not need. The cabins are built on a hillside so everything in is an uphill climb. When travelling with small children, coolers, etc. this can be a very arduous task. The parking at the cabins are "turnouts" on a dirt road, if you're lucky to get one. Packing or unpacking a car in the rain would be most unpleasant as there is nowhere to set down a suitcase etc without it getting muddy and/or wet. Grandma would have a difficult time with the slope, dirt, rocks and minimal landscaping. Luckily we were in one of the lower tier cabins so the climb wasn't as bad as the others above us on the hillside.

Certainly this is part of the concept of cabins, chalets, etc. I get that. But I feel that folks who travel "heavy" should be aware of the challenges that lie therein. I will recommend this nice spot (and the beautiful surrounding area) but be advised that dad will have a LOT of work to do packing his group in and out. haha More than usual, that is.

3  Thank orcatree

Thank you so much for the extensive review. We appreciate your feedback very much. We are happy you enjoyed the pools and our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Halcyon Hot Springs. We stayed for 2 nights in Cabin 5. All cabins are in good location with just a short walk to the pools. Cabin 5 was recommended to us by the front desk when I booked it. It turned out to be the one we really like. The cabin is located on a hill, backing into a quiet forest. It has more stairs to walk up, though. Cabin 5 and 6 are on a upper hill while cabin 1,2,3,4 on a lower part. Cabin 1 with good parking access. Cabin 5 is small but very well maintained with very basic amenities. And the bathroom is clean. There is a fridge but no kitchen. The hot springs pools are very nice, much cleaner than the Harrison Hot Springs. the view of Arrow Lake is fantastic. One small disappointment I experienced is I wrote a note on a card that I found in the room and nicely put down that we don't need housekeeping service during our stay but would like to have more fresh towels for the cabin. I gave the card to the front desk and I think they were too busy to take care of my little request of fresh towels. We did not get any response or towels delivered to our cabin.
Other than that, we were happy with this resort and will certainly come back in the near future.
The village of Nakusp is just 20 minute drive away and worth a visit. It has a beautiful waterfront. The lakeside restaurant ( Caffe Largo) has a patio with the best lake view in town and the food was excellent.

Room Tip: Book a chalet if you want kitchen amenities.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
HalcyonHotSprings, Guest Relations Manager at Halcyon Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Thank you for such a great review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. I'm very sorry we didn't replenish your towels on your stay. I will pass your review onto the rest of the departments as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2012

This was our second time to the hot springs... this time we splurged and got the KING chalet. WOW. So great- closest cabin to the lake. Our 8mo slept in her play pen in the HUGE onsuite- so there was lots of room for all. The restaurant is the best food we have eaten in our life! Everymeal. How they make ham and eggs taste so good.... I have NOOOO idea! Took a walk to the special church and found it open- what a treat for a spiritual experience! Can't say enough good things! Did Yoga 2 mornings by the pool- this was the icing on the cake for me- Came home from the trip with a renewed spirit. My husband loved the water so much he brought a case home. Will be back next year!

Room Tip: All great. We were in 11A - I would say that is the best one in the whole place. But comes at a cost.
1  Thank familyshf
HalcyonHotSprings, Guest Relations Manager at Halcyon Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Thank you so much for such a great review! We are very pleased you had such a great stay, and got to enjoy all our amenities! We hope to have you again very soon!