So nice except for a little kid who kept yelling 'cannonball' before jumping into the pools repeatedly - such a pity his parents and grandparents, all four of them illiterate so couldn't read the the NO JUMPING sign...... and no staff appearance at poolside during entire 2 hour soak. Otherwise - really lovely. We were there while a storm was blowing down Arrow Lake and the setting was spectacular to watch over the lake. Change rooms are minimal - only 3 changing cubicles, each with a small stingy plastic stool to hold all your stuff off the wet floor. Yet...the water was lovely. A special rate was posted for 'dip & dine' where for $22 you can access the pool and get $15 towards your lunch which is a good deal as that brings the pool rate down to $7 from $12. So we inquired at the desk about it before we left saying we'd be back the next day to do it. The next day we drove the 35km back from Nakusp where we were staying only to find the restaurant was closed for maintenance! Unimpressed - especially as we had checked with staff the day before and there had been no mention the restaurant would be closed and there's nothing else around for 35km. The lady at the desk did say we could buy a pre-made sandwich for $5 which we declined. She was apologetic and offered us free pool access - which was very nice and which we accepted. And after a hour's soak drove back to Nakusp for late lunch. So a happy-sad situation but I though she handled it well. If you're driving to Halcyon from Nakusp I would recommend phoning first to see if what you want to access is actually open. Once again the water and pools are lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake, mountains, natural hot springs, wilderness, comfort, fun and serenity... there is so much to explore at Halcyon Hot Springs Village and Spa. Experience the beauty of the Kootenays and our exceptional amenities.The famous Halcyon Hot Springs Lithia Waters have a unique combination of minerals that are very relaxing and beneficial for a variety of ailments. The cascading pools are constantly supplied with fresh hot springs water.Swirl away tensions in our natural mineral spring pools while gazing over serene Arrow Lake and the Monashee Mountain range. Enjoy the outstanding cuisine in the Kingfisher Restaurant or a pampering treatment at the Spa at Halcyon. Relax along the shoreline or explore the waters of Arrow Lake from the dock or by canoe or kayak.The resort is open year round and winters are magical. Heliski with CMH or explore the trails surrounding Halcyon Hot Springs with snowshoes or cross country skis. Or visit the new Revelstoke Mountain for a day of lift skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Halcyon Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Hot Springs Hotel Nakusp
- Halcyon Hot Springs Nakusp