My husband and I were told about Halcyon by a friend who had stayed there on her way to Kelowna. She recommended it highly, so we decided to check it out. We arrived on a Friday afternoon. Check-in was smooth. We had reserved a queen cottage and were put in Purcell. We also took the meal package, where you get $100/day to spend in their restaurant on site. The vouchers are divided in $20 increments and change is not given, so watch out for that. We opted to just charge the difference to our room so as not to lose any of our $200 in credits.
Purcell was a nice little cottage. I liked that the front door actually overlooks the hill at the back, making it feel a bit more private than it looks as the cottage is in the middle of the RV park. It is a small little cottage with a TV, microwave, fridge, little table, bathroom with shower, and bed. It was small, but comfortable. You can rent movies from the front desk for around $3.50. There is free wifi, however it can be a bit slow. This is not really a problem, however, as sitting on the computer is not what we wanted to do on our vacation.
The hot springs are very nice, and pretty busy. They have a cold pool, warm pool, and hot pool. After 9 pm it is a quiet time, and most people are pretty good about observing this. We didn't check out the main pool, but there were always lots of people using it, so it must have been nice. I did check out the fitness room and it was quiet first thing in the morning (just me and one other person).
The food in the restaurant was excellent. The wait staff did manage to mess up my husband's order literally every meal, though. They were quick to fix it, however. Try the striploin!
We also drove into Nakusp on Saturday and found it to be a charming little town.
Overall, we had a very relaxing weekend and a very nice break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake, mountains, natural hot springs, wilderness, comfort, fun and serenity... there is so much to explore at Halcyon Hot Springs Village and Spa. Experience the beauty of the Kootenays and our exceptional amenities.The famous Halcyon Hot Springs Lithia Waters have a unique combination of minerals that are very relaxing and beneficial for a variety of ailments. The cascading pools are constantly supplied with fresh hot springs water.Swirl away tensions in our natural mineral spring pools while gazing over serene Arrow Lake and the Monashee Mountain range. Enjoy the outstanding cuisine in the Kingfisher Restaurant or a pampering treatment at the Spa at Halcyon. Relax along the shoreline or explore the waters of Arrow Lake from the dock or by canoe or kayak.The resort is open year round and winters are magical. Heliski with CMH or explore the trails surrounding Halcyon Hot Springs with snowshoes or cross country skis. Or visit the new Revelstoke Mountain for a day of lift skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Halcyon Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Hot Springs Hotel Nakusp
- Halcyon Hot Springs Nakusp