“very clean, comfortable and friendly...a great value!”
Review of Selkirk Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nakusp
Selkirk Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Nakusp
Montreal
“very clean, comfortable and friendly...a great value!”
Reviewed 25 February 2010

I just returned from a business trip to Nakusp and really enjoyed my stay at the Selkirk Inn. Is it the Four Seasons? No, but for the price and level of cleanliness it's a great value and I will stay here again when I return. The owners are very friendly and I enjoyed chatting with them at the end of the day.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
BC
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I've been staying at the Selkirk Inn for several years now whenever I've been in Nakusp for business. The owners are very hospitable and I've enjoyed my stay every time. The rooms are clean and neat. All restaurants are in walking distance, so location is not an issue.

For a small town, you won't find a better motel to stay at. I will continue to be my choice for accommodation whenever I am in town on business.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Joe1453
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2009

The rooms all need to have the carpet replaced. The cleaning people do a sub par job at cleaning the rooms and this is evident with all the hair left in the bathrooms. I was there for a week and had to switch rooms 3 times. All rooms had the same problems as mentioned above. Not only that the hotel also stunk at times, plus that and the cleaning staff go and turn off the AC during the daytime so when you get back to your room at night it's hot as hell in the rooms.
They did have a sauna, but it was locked at all times.
And they badly need to replace there towels as well.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank hockeychronic
Vancouver
Reviewed 20 May 2008

The rooms are reasonably priced for very clean rooms. My family and I have stayed here for the past couple of years and will continue to be back. The owners are continally doing renovations/upgrades. While the rooms may seem older, the cleanliness more than makes up for it. The owners are friendly inviting people and always make us feel welcome. Great customer service.

• Liked — Clean, friendly and price
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alberta
Reviewed 6 September 2007

The hotel price is reasonable, it is set back from the main street in Nakusp but that really is not a problem being that you can pretty much walk through the entire town within 45 minutes in any direction anyway. We did not have an advance reservation and the front desk quickly provided us with a room. The owners were a very friendly couple and I enjoyed speaking with them. The room itself was pretty much what I expected of a smalltown low budget motel but I felt that the rooms could have been somewhat tidier (the towels were clean as were the sheets as far as I could tell) however, the bathroom sink had seen better days as had the carpet/drapes/fixtures. Overall, not bad for the price that we paid but certainly would not recommend it for someone wanting a romantic getaway or anyone with high expectations. Please be sure to check out the Middle Earth Cafe that is located directly across the street from the hotel. Having such quick and easy access to this Cafe made our whole trip worthwhile! Fantastic service, food and ambiance. The owner there told us he plans to expand someday and open guest suites - no opening date set yet but will definitely keep an eye out for that!

• Liked — Friendly staff and location across the street from the Middle Earth Cafe
  • Disliked — the rooms were old and stale, needed updates and a more throrough cleaning
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank formertravelagent