“Great schnitzel!”

Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Nakusp
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We found this restaurant while stopping overnight in Nakusp - by recommendation of Trip Advisor ;) It's a very small establishment but I was very impressed with our meal. Probably not 100% authentic German cooking, but it gets an A from me!

1  Thank ZoomyCJ

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We started with a tasty dark beer (Hacker-Pschorr), and ordered pizza for 4 of us and steak for our fifth. Portions were very generous-we ordered the Greek, Chicken Lover's, Pepperoni and the Hawaiian. All were terrific and I would order any of them again. No skimping on the toppings at this place! The steak was well prepared and served with roasted potatoes and vegetables. Service was quick and friendly. Bathrooms were clean and convenient to both the patio area and inside dining room. I would return if given the chance and would definately recommend Karl's to friends and family.

1  Thank KarenJU
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Who would have thunk it. We loved every bite. We also tried the woodfire chicken supreme pizza. The husband thinks it was the best pizza he has ever had. If you are visiting Naksup you MUST try this resturant. Family run. Clean. We wish them good luck and hope to return soon.

1  Thank whatsinaname50
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We arrived late and when standing on the sidewalk lamenting that we'd missed the operating hours, the owner came out and said he'd be happy to keep his place open to serve us dinner. The beer selection modest but tasty. The food prep time is reasonable. The menu is split betweween pizza and german dishes. The pizzas are generous in portion and the schnitzel above average. In July of 2012, the people I was travelling with insisted we return the second night in town just so they could have the schnitzel again. I have no issues recommending this place to anyone visiting Nakusp. Bring an empty stomach.

1  Thank RedNeil
Reviewed 3 February 2012

It was hot and I am in nakusp every summer for 25 years. Retail comes and goes here. I am happy the pizza place is hanging on..the food is good. Draft beer and salads too. I was unhappy that it is not wood fired as the name implies but it is a good place to eat.

1  Thank kayakcon