“Fantastic Vineyard Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Naramata
Therapy Vineyards & Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 15 Naramata B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Stayed here end of April-beginning of May. Nick and the staff couldn't have been more gracious, even managing to accommodate our screw-up with the reservations (we arrived a day early). The room was lovely, watching the quails, coyotes and deer from the deck every morning was a treat, and breakfasts were great - yoghurt parfaits, muffins, bagels & lox - and great coffee. The view from the hottub down Okanagan and Skaha Lakes is a treat, and the vineyard is in easy reach of the Kettle Valley Railroad, all of the Naramata Bench wineries, and a short drive from Summerland, Penticton & others. Great restaurants (Naramata Heritage Inn, Local Lounge, etc.), wine and a warm welcome - thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Violadagamba

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We decided to book Therapy Guesthouse over the Easter long weekend and although the vines weren't producing yet it was still a beautiful visit. All the rooms at the guesthouse have a view of the vineyard and the lake, there's a common patio, BBQ and hot tub which we had to ourselves every night. The staff are very accommodating, they made sure to provide any allergy free options for breakfast (which is generally fresh baked breads, jams, eggs and some yogurt).

There was one small hiccup with the online registration, but the management took care of it quickly, before I even realized there was a problem. I'm sure they've seen past complaints about the booking system and work hard to ensure people are satisfied.

A very nice place to stay for a few days, and perfect location for touring the wineries in Naramata and Penticton, with Okanagan Falls and Summerland less than half an hours drive away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank el_hombre_rico
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My wife and I have stayed several times at the guesthouse, the most recent being the 27 Oct.
There has been a change in staff which was the reason for the communication problems experienced by the guests who were there in Aug.
I find the best way to book is by phone, as the website is not always reliable; although I have been assured that it will be fixed.
As for the location and ammenities, they couldn't be better. The views are spectacular and sitting in the hottub at night with the stars out is a perfect way to end a day of hiking or wine tasting. The beds are high end and it is hard to get out of them in the morning!!
They have a new caterer for breakfast but we did not get to try them. If you are a large group, then you can reserve the main guesthouse that comes complete with a kitchen and entertainment room.
We look forward to our next trip to Therapy!!

Room Tip: There are great views from all the rooms patios.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacksonwillbe
Reviewed 21 October 2011

My fiancé and I were fortunate enough to stay at Therapy Vineyards for a weekend in September, and I must say- we had the most amazing time! Having stayed in Naramata before; this was definitely our most memorable visit and we can’t wait to go back next summer.

From the moment we arrived, we were impressed by the friendly staff and beautiful Meritage Suite that was waiting for us after booking online. The customer service was great and I can’t remember the last time I made a room booking online that was followed up with a personal phone call. They had a bottle of Freud’s Ego chilling on ice when we arrived and it was a warm welcome after the drive from Vancouver.

A long weekend of relaxation, wine-tasting and swimming in the lake was exactly what we needed. Not only will we be going back, but I think we may have discovered a new regular summer getaway spot we will be visiting for a long time to come!
Stay at Therapy Vineyards if you get the chance, you won’t be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Markus M
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I have never had such a disorganized mess in booking a room in my life. My husband and I were drawn to Therapy Vineyard and Guesthouse by previous reviews and recommendations of the beautiful rooms. We were excited to book the Meritage suite that the website boasts as the honeymooners favorite. We wanted a luxurious retreat in Naramata before we continued on to a lengthy kayaking trip on the BC coast. With some grief I was able to only book one night, instead of the two nights we needed, and for one person instead of two, via the online booking. After an email to Therapy I was able to confirm the details for two nights in the Meritage suite. Two days before our stay I received a call from Dan with Therapy who called to rebook us into a different room as the Meritage was double booked. Disappointed, I confirmed us for two nights into the Chardonnay suite, supposedly just as nice sans fireplace. So, two days later, en route to Naramata, I realized that there was no confirmation email for the change, so I contacted Dan to confirm. I was assured that although nobody would be there for our evening arrival, the door would be unlocked and a key in the room. Upon our late arrival we found both the Meritage and Chardonnay suites occupied. So after hours, I began phoning our contact person, Dan, and an emergency number left at the guesthouse, with no answer, and no option to leave a voicemail.
After an hour of no response, my husband and I dropped our things in the only open room in the upstairs. It was beautiful with a large en suite bathroom and soaker tub overlooking the vineyard. Most importantly, it was open. So in we went, leaving an irritated note on the door to our room to not be disturbed and to get a key for the room we settled in. In the morning we were greeted apologetically by a wine shop staff member, Lisa. She ensured that we got breakfast and worked to clarify compensation for the mistake. Unfortunately we were again upended and relocated to another room as the suite we were in was technically the owner’s suite and would be in use for the second night. We were told that the reason for all the disorganization was the recent addition of online booking to the website--which obviously didn’t work well in the first place, and the resignation of the Guesthouse manager without appropriate replacement or training for the remaining staff.
All in all, the Guesthouse is lovely. The scenery is beautiful. The coldcut, chesse and pastry breakfast is minimal but tasty. But the whole experience left a very bad taste in our mouths. We were compensated for the trouble, but we never got to see either of the suites we were booked into. And I found it unprofessional and discourteous that the person we dealt with originally, Dan, never personally apologized or seemed to follow up with us in any way, leaving it all for Lisa to be the go-between. Not sure who is actually calling the shots and making decisions, but it’s obvious how it’s being done is not working. Hope it gets worked out soon.

Room Tip: Call for a room reservation, get a name, and confirm multiple times.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TexanInCanada
Lisa O, Manager at Therapy Vineyards & Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2011

Hello TexaninCanada. I'm extremely sorry you had such a chaotic experience during your stay in our guesthouse. Nobody should experienced that ever, and especially not during a vacation.
Therapy did go through some very unexpected staff changes over the summer and in the midst of a new online booking system being launched. With no manager on site, there was no one to monitor how the website was actually responding or even to check such details as making sure previous bookings that had been made prior to the website launch had been accurately blocked off. The website was only up for a short period of time before this was discovered and the guesthouse portion was taken down. It will be launched again in the next few weeks, with some necessary changes having been made. It will be much more user friendly, have broader room descriptions and pictures, and bookings will be accompanied with a proper confirmation email including all current contact info. I guarantee that it will not be launched until it is ready.
I'm glad Leasa was on site during the wineshop hours and somewhat able to be there to act as a go-between. Dan was also in the midst of some transition and truly had far too much piled on his plate for one person. I didn't begin my adventure here at Therapy until the end of August. Unfortunately, your stay happened to fall right in the midst of this changeover.
It is a shame that you weren't able to enjoy the relaxing stay you deserved and that Therapy generally provides to the fullest. If you happen to be making your way through the Okanagan again in the next couple of years, I would love to be able to share the experience of a proper stay at Therapy with you. Please feel free to contact me directly at guesthouse@therapyvineyards.com with your name and the dates you were last here. Thanks so much for the taking the time to write a review. All feedback is appreciated. Have a fabulous day!

Reviewed 14 August 2010

We stayed at Therapy over a weekend. It is located in the heart of the winery area on Naramata bench. The guesthouse overlooks vineyards with stunning views of the lake. Very peaceful at night. Free use of the BBQ and hottub. We sat and drank wine on the porch at sunset.

The rooms are well-appointed and stylish, with very comfortable beds. The breakfast is not cooked in-house but supplied by a very gourmet restaurant with cheese, meats, fruit and pasteries and very nice coffee.

Charmian was a very gracious host and dealt wonderfully with a small mistake made in our reservation.

The only small complain that I have is that the rooms are self-enclosed but there is no access to the kitchen or common living space (which seems to sit empty - as nobody but guests live at the guesthouse) - it would be nice to have had some access to these facilities as they are beautiful.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CGKT
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Therapy Vineyards Guesthouse is just beautiful. I have stayed at many places in the Okanagan and this is the perfect place if you are looking to spend your days wine tasting. We stayed in the Meritage Room and it was very spacious and offered a lovely view of the lake. The hot tub also offered a fantastic panoramic view. It is definitely not a B&B, but a guesthouse. In my mind, that is a good thing. Breakfast is dropped off in the morning and each unit has there own living space and washroom. The breakfast is a beautiful bench platter with cheeses, meats and pastries... very yummy. The furnishings are just lovely. One night we played boche on the grass as we sipped on our wine... you couldn't ask for a better evening.

One thing I would suggest is that Therapy Vineyards invest in some good photographs for their website because the existing ones do not do it justice.

You will not be upset if you choose Therapy... you will be thrilled with your find.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravellingIsForMe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naramata
Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa
Above Naramata B&B
#7 of 15 in Naramata
Naramata Heritage Inn & Spa
Naramata Suite Dreams Bed and Breakfast

Been to Therapy Vineyards & Guesthouse? Share your experiences!