“Wonderful food”

Dining options: Reservations
Cobourg, Canada
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We arrived for a 4 day vacation in panorama and decided to go out for one nice meal. We asked locals and they suggested Greys.
Greys in a beautiful restaurant with welcoming warm welcoming decor. The onwer welcomed us and we were treated to an interesting menu which included traditional fare such as tenderloin but also elk and bore.
Our 15 year old daughter ordered Bore tacos and loved the crispy taco and flavourful bore meat. The seafood chowder was fabulous as well. The mains were equally delicious... Tenderloin and elk were just done right. Dessert was a mixture of chocolate ganache, oatmeal cookie and vanilla ice cream. A wonderful meal...

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank travellingisgreat_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ottawa, Ontario
“A Perfect Dinner”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We picked Grey's as it is the best upscale restaurant on the hill at Panorama. We were celebrating a special birthday, so made reservations and mentioned the bday thing in the hopes of a nice table, which we got by the fireplace, but really I don't think there is a bad table in the restaurant. We looked at the portions on the other tables and decided not to order an appetizer so that we would have room for dessert. Good choice...my husband had the braised elk which he considered to be one of the best meals he's had in a long time (in a restaurant) and I had the rack of lamb medium rare. it was cooked perfectly and the rice on my plate was exceptional. I'm not a huge fan of rice, but the flavour was outstanding. Also, we asked for some of the bread to go with my husband meal and I couldn't get enough of it. Baked locally it was wonderful! Finished with the maple crème brule. I am admittedly not a huge dessert fan, but crème brule is a favourite...so I have it when it on the menu everywhere I go. This one was by far one of the best. The perfect texture and a dollop of ice cream on top made it very different. The real vanilla flavour mixed with the maple was heaven.

The service was very good and our server did an excellent job on helping us pair a BC wine with our meal. All in all, glad we went, and wish we lived closer:)

Edmonton, Canada
“Rocky Start but then Amazing”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had been waiting all week to get into Grey's Restaurant in recommendations from Chef friends as well as friends who live and work at Panorama. Unfortunately our arrival welcome was less than welcoming.

However this was quickly resolved and the evening turned into an amazing evening. The food was wonderful. Highly recommend the Elk as well as the Bacon Lobster Risotto. The Maple Crème Brulee was the perfect ending.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was warm and welcoming once we where settled.

Recommendation make a reservation and be early. However they will take walks as we found out on arrival.

Calgary
“Must go”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had the pleasure of attending one of the set dinners at Grey's 7 or 8 years ago and it was so unique and enjoyable that we wanted to attend another this year when we visited Panorama. The restaurant had changed to an a la carte menu, but the experience was just as enjoyable.

The food is really top notch (had the beef and reef cooked perfectly and the lobster risoto), the wine selection great and quality excellent, but the ambiance is really something you have to experience to appreciate. So great that you'll not want to leave.

These are exceptional people that run this establishment and this place alone will bring me back to Panorama.

Camrose, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grey-t experience :)”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Ate at Grey's last night. Had a beautiful meal, both Phillip & Claire came by throughout the meal to see how we were enjoying things. I thought initially they were just very experienced servers - at the end of our meal when we were paying we got into a more in depth conversation & found out they were the owners.... Service & attention like that to a table of two really meant a lot & we really felt that they wanted us to have the best experience possible. They also have a bed & breakfast below the restaurant in the same building - we are definitely going to try & stay there next time we come out to Panorama.

All & all we had a wonderful experience at Grey's & really enjoyed our night. The food was delicious (I had the rib eye... It was heavenly & the handsome man across the table had the lamb... I got my fingers slapped more than once for stealing his risotto.... Best risotto I have had in a long time!!!!).

Thank you Phillip & Claire, you have a great set up out here & you really made us feel welcomed!!! Great job!

Visited August 2013