We went to Invermere on a golf getaway and decided to stay at Panorama instead of in the town. We were amazed at the number of condo's at Panorama and due to a mix up we were upgraded to Taynton Lodge. It was the last lodge on the hillside so our view was of the mountain and our room was very quiet. But it was in sore need of upgrading. We agree with Bonita A about getting rid of the carpet which was old and worn as was much of the furniture. We were promised a balcony which was very disappointing because it was SO small. The kitchen was very well equipped with quality appliances and cookware. We had little to do with the staff but when we did they were excellent--the high point of the visit. We would return but we would do more research on the condition of the unit we were being assigned. The drive up the hill is on a two lane road but it isn't busy so didn't take long to get down to Invermere.
We were totally impressed with the calendar of activities for families and kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the B.C. Rockies, Panorama Mountain Village is a family year-round resort. During the winter season Panorama features true slope side lodging with one of North America’s biggest vertical descents. Panorama offers daily shuttle service from the Calgary International Airport. The winter brings skiers from afar in search of Rocky Mountain powder and Panorama’s famed long groomed cruisers. The mountain is over 4000 vertical feet and has nearly 3000 acres of terrain. From the resort, guests can also Nordic ski, snowshoe, snowmobile and relax in Canada’s largest slope side hot pools.Also operating right out of the Village is rk heliski. Over 40 years of experience in the back country ensure safe and unforgettable skiing. rk heli-ski specializes in heli-ski adventures for intermediate and first time heli-skiers. During the summer season Panorama is home to the acclaimed Greywolf Golf Course. Designed by talented Canadian architect Doug Carrick, who has built many of Canada's best courses in the past decade, Greywolf features many holes that will be seared in your memory bank for a long time. Panorama is also home to the Panorama Bike Park. The park has a number of downhill trails to challenge riders of all levels. There are endless opportunities for family fun activities including: kids adventure camp, horseback riding, ATV tours, white water rafting, hiking, cross-country biking, mini-golf, fishing and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Panorama Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panorama Mountain Village Hotel Panorama
- Mountain Village Hotel Panorama
- Mountain Village Resort Panorama