We have stayed at Panorama for over 40 years in various locations in the village. You can't beat Pine Inn for convenience and price. The Condos in the upper village are beautiful and full of nice amenities. The lower village has super roomy time-share units we have enjoyed many times with small and larger groups. Hot tubs all over the village--smaller ones wherever you are staying, and everyone can use the larger pools at Panorama Springs--the kids can't get enough of it. There are tons of family activities and movies which the kids love, or you can be lazy and do nothing but lounge around.
We love the ski hill----often pretty hard packed, but we have also had some great powder days and love the long runs. Almost always we get beautiful sunshine and gorgeous views of the snow-capped mountains. We just this year tried the tubing hill, and it was a blast! We thought it was just for kids but is also very fun for adults.
In better weather, we absolutely love walking/hiking/running the village trail loop. You get really pretty views of the golf course and entire area, and it's only about 3.1 miles (??). Not hard. We have golfed at Greywolf--kind of spendy, but very nice and pretty. We have rafted Toby Creek and thoroughly loved that. There are lots of things to do.
The restaurants are good. We enjoy the specials because some are a bit expensive. It is nice to have full kitchens in most of the rooms except Pine Inn. We always eat one or two nights at the Heli Plex and can get really good and reasonable food at the T-Bar and Grill in the upper village. The food in Ski Tip Lodge can't be beat and is cooked fresh daily; it is excellent but is only opened while skiing is going on.
Heading to Panorama in another couple weeks, and we can't wait. They just got record breaking amounts of snow in the past week. Woo! Hoo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the B.C. Rockies, Panorama Mountain Village is a family year-round resort. During the winter season Panorama features true slope side lodging with one of North America’s biggest vertical descents. Panorama offers daily shuttle service from the Calgary International Airport. The winter brings skiers from afar in search of Rocky Mountain powder and Panorama’s famed long groomed cruisers. The mountain is over 4000 vertical feet and has nearly 3000 acres of terrain. From the resort, guests can also Nordic ski, snowshoe, snowmobile and relax in Canada’s largest slope side hot pools.Also operating right out of the Village is rk heliski. Over 40 years of experience in the back country ensure safe and unforgettable skiing. rk heli-ski specializes in heli-ski adventures for intermediate and first time heli-skiers. During the summer season Panorama is home to the acclaimed Greywolf Golf Course. Designed by talented Canadian architect Doug Carrick, who has built many of Canada's best courses in the past decade, Greywolf features many holes that will be seared in your memory bank for a long time. Panorama is also home to the Panorama Bike Park. The park has a number of downhill trails to challenge riders of all levels. There are endless opportunities for family fun activities including: kids adventure camp, horseback riding, ATV tours, white water rafting, hiking, cross-country biking, mini-golf, fishing and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Panorama Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panorama Mountain Village Hotel Panorama
- Mountain Village Hotel Panorama
- Mountain Village Resort Panorama