Recently spent Canada Day weekend in Panorama Mountain Village. Panorama is a small mountain village about 18 KM's west of Invermere BC. The village sits at the base of a ski slope and in winter people ski here and in summer time they take their mountain bikes up the T-bar and bike down the slopes. There are not any hotels per se but instead this is a village made up almost entirely of private property and vacation rental condominiums. The village has a small store and several restaurants and lounges and is separated between a lower village and upper village. The upper village condos' are a little newer and nicer but as you might expect they cost more. The condo's themselves tend to be very well setup; complete with everything you might need. Our stay was great; the condo was a 1 bedroom but it had a pull out bed that slept two more. Except for food and drinks we didn't have to bring anything, the condo had it all, towels, cutlery, cleaning supplies etc. Made it all very convenient. After your stay; there is a housekeeping service that cleans up for the next guest. The village is quite small and you can easily walk the entire thing (there is a free gondola service between the upper/lower villages if you don't want to walk it). Greywolf golf course is within 15 mins walking distance and is really beautiful. We quite enjoyed our time at Panorama and would definitely go back. The price to stay is very reasonable and all the vacation rental properties are clean and well managed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the B.C. Rockies, Panorama Mountain Village is a family year-round resort. During the winter season Panorama features true slope side lodging with one of North America’s biggest vertical descents. Panorama offers daily shuttle service from the Calgary International Airport. The winter brings skiers from afar in search of Rocky Mountain powder and Panorama’s famed long groomed cruisers. The mountain is over 4000 vertical feet and has nearly 3000 acres of terrain. From the resort, guests can also Nordic ski, snowshoe, snowmobile and relax in Canada’s largest slope side hot pools.Also operating right out of the Village is rk heliski. Over 40 years of experience in the back country ensure safe and unforgettable skiing. rk heli-ski specializes in heli-ski adventures for intermediate and first time heli-skiers. During the summer season Panorama is home to the acclaimed Greywolf Golf Course. Designed by talented Canadian architect Doug Carrick, who has built many of Canada's best courses in the past decade, Greywolf features many holes that will be seared in your memory bank for a long time. Panorama is also home to the Panorama Bike Park. The park has a number of downhill trails to challenge riders of all levels. There are endless opportunities for family fun activities including: kids adventure camp, horseback riding, ATV tours, white water rafting, hiking, cross-country biking, mini-golf, fishing and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Panorama Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panorama Mountain Village Hotel Panorama
- Mountain Village Hotel Panorama
- Mountain Village Resort Panorama