“Feb. 11, 2010 WOW what a meal and fabulous hospitality.”
Review of Earl Grey Lodge

Earl Grey Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Panorama
Toronto Ontario
“Feb. 11, 2010 WOW what a meal and fabulous hospitality.”
Reviewed 21 February 2010

If you are staying at Panorama you must try the 5 course tasting menu at Earl Grey lodge. Thanks Phil and Marc for a most memorable evening of fine food, wine and song!! Lisa & Louis, Ontario Canada. :)

Stayed February 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Toronto
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We had only dined at Earl Grey, and we can only say that the food was superb. Clare and Phil are wonderful people and they are making sure all the time that your experience at Earl Grey is a good one.
As we like good dining, we were very happy to discover Earl Grey Lodge with its amazing restaurant, as we were otherwise not very impressed with the dining choices in Panorama.
The chef's creations are comparable to some of the finest restaurants in Montreal, Toronto and New York. The wine list is extensive, with some very good choices in there.
Thank you Clare and Phil for all your extra attention and for making our kids enjoy their nights at Earl Grey!
Raluca and Radu

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
iow
Reviewed 19 November 2009

I don’t normally write but I felt compelled to do so after reading the reviews for Earl Grey Lodge. Having spent over 30 years travelling worldwide and staying in some of the best hotels I found people’s expectations never cease to amaze me. After a very long trip to begin a very much wanted and needed holiday we arrived at our destination to find the ski resort shut and the accommodation which was 5 star absolutely dire. Not to ruin everyone’s enjoyment, on a positive and hungry note we drove to a restaurant where I picked up Claire and Phil’s brochure advertising this rather special place. I have to say the name sold me from the start. Arriving late Sunday afternoon we were met by Claire who was a total delight followed by her husband Phil. A character to say the least!! They insisted we had a cup of tea and having had a guided tour we had no hesitation in driving back to our place, packing and returning the next morning. I agree with a lot of the reviews about the standard and professionalism of The Earl Grey Lodge and its owners .. The rooms are not huge but they are exceptionally well thought out, and offer all amenities to cater for ones needs. Rooms are spotless and very comfortable. Phil and Claire welcome pets. There are facilities for your skis, boots, gloves and ski wear outside of your rooms to make your stay more comfortable by not having everything plastered around the room as in most places. In addition to this a sitting room is provided for guests to facilitate tea and coffee and a choice of numerous DVDs and books to read.
Phil and Mark the chef always sourced an alternative to food that myself and the children couldnt eat. Two nights running we were exceptionally late as we were in hospital with the children. On our return they had plated up a 3 course dinner for us . There are endless things that this lovely couple will do for people and it never seems too much trouble. They have theunique ability to make people feel unique and I think this is why people always feel welcome and friendships are formed long after goodbyes are said.
We were very sad to leave 8 days later but we have booked to return at Christmas and will bring my mother. We have talked extensively of the Earl Grey Lodge as being this beautiful find in the middle of nowhere. Panorama is a landscape on its own but it is Claire and Phil that make it unique

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank kINGARTHIOW
Newcastle
Reviewed 13 October 2009

An amazing experience for Aussie's. Staying at Earl Grey Lodge with Phil & Claire is like staying with family, only the food is better! We were greeted by both Claire & Phil who waited up very late to welcome us. Our Christmas spent with their family was an event to remember; Mark, their chef ,prepared the most delicious meal to share with all, including presents all round. (The jigsaw kept all guests well engrossed for days). Phil even gave his Panorama jacket off his back to an admirer who as we speak is wearing it. Words can't describe how good this place is, don't miss the experience.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Leicester, England
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Clare and Phil made our stay very enjoyable. Phil was very entertaining in the local bar after a day of skiing and even served us one morning wearing his Spiderman outfit (see photos)!
Shows what a great sense of humour he has. The welcome was very warm and we felt very at home in their house / restaurant. It is in a good location near to the lifts (5 minutes walk) and it is easy to change out of your boots on the front porch. The cats Rusty and Emmy even came to see us.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 30 March 2009

If I never take another holiday again in my lifetime my 10 days at the Earl Grey Lodge in Panorama BC will stay with me forever. It has got to be the best place to stay by a million miles. Its like rolling up at a friend's house. Clare had waited up until silly o'clock due to my very late arrival, met me with a beaming smile, showed me what I needed to know and as I had left home 26 hours earlier, left me to sleep. The rooms are fab. Pristine clean, heated floor in the bathroom, fluffy robes and crisp white bedlinen. There is a kitchen to make coffee and breakfast when it suited me. Phil and Clare could not do enough to help - they even lent me pair of skis! Towels and bedlinen are changed frequently and the bathroom is kept immaculate. The food in the restaurant is out of this world - yes it is more expensive than other venues in the area - but its worth every cent and I would rather skip a few dreary burgers and chips to eat here at least once during a visit. This place for me was a winner all round. My first time in Canada, I picked it out almost with a pin in the map and struck gold. I would sell my own grandmother to go back.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank SueSGloucestershire
Surrey
Reviewed 24 March 2009

We rolled up to the Earl Grey Lodge at about 10pm on Christmas Eve, following a relatively painless 4 hour drive from Calgary (it's basically only three roads!). Phil, the co-owner, greeted us at the car, and helped with all our bags, despite it being -20c! The first thing that strikes you is the beauty of the building: a very large open plan upstairs which comprises the dining area with a real fire, sofas and an informal 'bar'. In the daylight, the amazing views of the mountain from the glass-fronted dining room become apparent. Every morning, Phil or Clare prepared freshly baked croissants or muffins (and they had marmite!) The walk to the ski lift takes takes about 3 minutes, and you can ski back down a sneaky route just off of the "Silver Platter" nursery slope.
We enjoyed genuinely fantastic food in the Earl Grey on both Christmas and New Year's nights, we were made to feel like part of the family. Throughout our 10 day stay, Phil and Clare advised on the best places to ski, booked dog sledding for us, and even provided medical advise for some mild frostbite (we took them form lunch in the Elkhorn cabin one day to say thanks).
The warm and friendly atmosphere at the Earl Grey is second to none, and we remain in touch with several of the other guests we met during our stay (owing in part to many late-night board games)
The plans for our Summer Canadian roadtrip are taking shape, and the Earl Grey Lodge will definitely be on the agenda....

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panorama
Best Western Invermere Inn
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn R...
#8 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs
#2 of 5 in Panorama
Bighorn Meadows Resort
Bighorn Meadows Resort
#5 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs

Been to Earl Grey Lodge? Share your experiences!