“Really good sushi.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I'm from a large city with a lot of great sushi, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the sushi here. Fresh ingredients and friendly service. I definitely recommend.

1  Thank Geoff K
There are newer reviews for Harbour Sushi

Reviewed 11 August 2013

On our first evening in Port Mc Neill we visited this restaurant. It turned out to be great. We are no sushi experts so we got advice from a very helpful waitress and the food was excellent. I tried a few of the Japanese beers and we had a great evening

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed by my experience at Harbour Sushi. My usual order in a Japanese restaurant is chirashi, a bowl of sushi rice artfully topped with an assortment of sashimi and vegetables. Mmmm. At Harbour Sushi, chirashi is a plate of flattened out rice with a side of iceberg lettuce salad, and enormous hunks of fish (mostly tuna and salmon) thrown down. Might have been some omelet on there too-I forget exactly. It was neither visually appealing nor tasty. A request for green tea at Harbour Sushi means a cup not a pot of tea. No complementary miso soup starter. I had to go hunting for a wasabi side dish. Big city prices for small town cheap.

Note to the waiting staff: in the service industry, tips are affected by quality of your service and the experience of the customer. Sending food back to the kitchen is a sign that the customer is not enjoying the experience. It is not a personal insult to you. Replying that "it's supposed to be that way" or "you don't know what you're talking about" is a good way to discourage a tip and an endorsement on Trip Advisor.

Sorry but I couldn't leave either.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Enjoyed the food at the end of a busy day. Good range on the menu. Happy, friendly and helpful people working here.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Gotta try the special rolls! They are the best!!! The menu is large, lots to choose from. Separate booths. A bit chilly, but very worth the stop in.