“Dont take the divers course”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sun Fun Divers

Sun Fun Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
port mcneill
“Dont take the divers course”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I signed up for the diving certificate program with sun fun divers I paid $100 down out of $500. courses were going good seemed like nice people about 3 more dives from completion I paid the remaining $400. They stopped calling me, wouldnt return my calls and gave me the run around when I came in. I never got my certificate. Crooks

Visited May 2013

Vancouver, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A great day out!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I headed to northern Vancouver Island and threw my dive kit in my SUV just in case I could jump on a dive in God's Pocket. As luck would have it, the lovely, family-run Sun Fun Divers sorted me out with just one phone call. Trudy and Steve even let me jump on a shore dive to test some of my gear before heading out on the much bigger dives in God's Pocket. We did two dives with the second on Browning's Wall, which was pretty awesome and diverse (those gorgeous sea pens!). Steve knew the sea conditions inside out and spent the surface interval showing us the sea lion colony and dropping in to say hello at God's Pocket Resort. Steve's wife, Trudy, sorted us out with some yummy home-made soup and goodies for lunch. It was an amazing day out. I'll be back!

Visited August 2013
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Day Trip! Orcas, Sea Lions and Humpback too”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Dived Berry Island with three dive instructors from Victoria. They said this is definitely some of the best dive they have ever done. The rocks are covered with myriad of life. Steve took us to see a school of sea lions close by. Saw a humpback just as we are leaving the sea lions.

Second dive was at Five Fathom Rock which is a rock fish conservation area. Aside from different kinds of rock fish here, we saw ratfish, wolf eel and swim by a school of 5 foot fish that I don't know the name of.

We were lucky to tag along with Trudy and Steve's family to visit their friend Annie and Bill at God's Pocket. Got a better understanding of the origin of the name god's pocket.

We saw the kelp forest in the Browning Passage for the last dive. Really nice seeing school of fish back lit swimming in and out of the kelp forest. Really nice to see a pod of orcas in the area after the dive.

My short description doesn't do the dives justice. We did the dive in wet suit. I didn't find it that cold. After diving in Spain, Thailand, and Bali, it is really nice to see what we have to offer here at home.

Definitely worth checking it out. Big thanks to Steve and Trudy. =)

Visited August 2013