“Serenity”

Ranked #2 of 26 Sechelt B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Serenity”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This place truly IS,a place of rest!!I was in desperate need of respite,and this was exactly what I needed.thank you Krista,and Kris,for this space,to be,you are both,special.I also had a 2 plus hours massage,facial,and scrub,WOW,great!then,to sit up,to a view of the ocean,couldn't get any better!!highly recommend this place,only wish I could stay longer.sad to go!!

Room Tip: I spent my time in the sunset suite,and absolutely loved it!Beautiful view of the water,close to the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Spared no expense for the quality of our stay. Romantic. Relaxing massages. Phenomenal breakfast. Unsurpassed scenery. Genuinely good hosts. It is truly a five star destination. Loved out stay. Many Thanks, Travis and Sarah.

Room Tip: African Queen - the best room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This place is amazing.

It's so obvious to see that the owners built this place from scratch with a wealth of experience in the business of service. As is the case with any boutique hotel, the tell-tale signs are in the details, and this place does not disappoint.

Our room was Casablanca-themed and while I admit I was expecting some fromage in the decor, the place was anything but. The bed, linens, amenities and furnishings are all top class and easily match any five-star hotel offerings. As is the case with B+B establishments, it's the many extras that add to the experience; a games room, full DVD library, snack bar and movie theatre are all available and easily accessible.

The owners, Chris and Kristina, take all the time and energy to make you feel comfortable and at home and it's so easy to forget that this place has an amazing private beach and unencumbered views to the wooded slopes on the opposing side of the inlet. Any review would not be complete without the bigger "B" in this acronym; the breakfasts certainly match the surroundings.

I can not recommend this place any higher. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Casablanca Room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My fiance and I booked our anniversary weekend at the Tuwanek, and Chris and Krista made it an incredible, relaxing get-away. From Krista's incredible breakfasts, to the luxurious spa sessions with Krista and Sharon, the beautifully decorated African Queen room, and playing with Lucy, we could not have asked for a better way to unwind for a couple days. Every detail was wonderful, even their recommendations for places to eat and things to do on the Sunshine Coast. We can't wait to make it back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Kelowna
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The first Christmas, ever, being away from family! Although we thought it was going to be a bit weird the cottage, hot tub and beautiful ocean helped to make Christmas a memory to cherish. Hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: We loved the WILDBERRY COTTAGE and the little jaunt up to the hot tub. Photos to follow.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have been to the Creekside cottage twice in the last 2 years and believe it has become the annual get away for me and the girls. 3 Bedrooms consisting of 2 queen beds and a set of bunk beds makes it perfect for 2 families or 6 ladies looking to get away. The place is clean, comfy and the view is looking out over a lake of water that sets with the sun. There are quite a few scuba divers that swim off the shore so if that is your thing, this is the place.
The hot tub in the back is right beside a babbling brook and private. Fits 6 people very comfortably and is always clean.
The kitchen is stocked with all the tools you need to make anything you’re hungry for and after dinner there are board games or movies to keep you entertained. There is a spa in the hotel part of the facilities but we have never used them.
All in all it is a great place to make some unforgettable memories.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shabbits
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2011

My husband and I returned to the Tuwanek Hotel for our second visit in July 2011. I forgot to write a review upon our return. However, as I begin to feel run down at work, I again dream of my time at Tuwanek Hotel and hope to return again some day. There is something about the Tuwanek Hotel that melts your stress away and allows you to rest and rejuvenate.

On our first trip we stayed in the African Queen room and on our second visit we stayed at the Wildberry Cottage. The Wildberry Cottage was amazing! The sound of the creek outside the bedroom, the secluded hot tub, and the comfortable bed were more than what we had hoped for to celebrate our anniversary.

Chris and Krista were the perfect hosts. They were there to assist with anything that we needed. Chris made arrangements for us to go scuba diving. Krista let me borrow a dish for a dinner party that we were attending.

I enjoyed relaxing treatments at the beautiful spa. Sharon is wonderful!

My only disappointment is that the Tuwanek Hotel is so far from home so we are not able to return as often as we would like.

Room Tip: The African Queen room is wonderful. The Wildberry Cottage is perfect for a couple. The only prob...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqueline77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sechelt
Painted Boat Resort
#1 of 1 in Halfmoon Bay
At The Shore B&B
At The Shore B&B
#5 of 26 in Sechelt

Been to The Tuwanek Hotel? Share your experiences!