“A Piece of Heaven”
other travellers have booked this property
ocean view of the Trail Islands
hot tub in moonlight beach fire
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
hot tub in moonlight
beach fire
tides out  !
private beach area
beach great for lounging, walking , swimming
Islandview Cottage
Oceanside suite bath
Oceanside suite  bedroom
oceanside suite patio
oceanside suite kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Cottage -
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
Sechelt, Sunshine Coast, British Columbia

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 167 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
French first
Any
Marcela82...
“A Piece of Heaven”
Reviewed 11 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

My husband and I truly enjoyed our weekend stay here. This B&B is very cozy and welcoming. Doug and Doreen made us feel right at home. If you are looking for a place to relax, this is the perfect place for it. It is very quiet and calm. The suite has a stunning view of the ocean and an a hot tub that allows you to take in the wonderful view. The kitchen is fully equipped and your own bbq if you want to do your own cooking (however, we highly recommend the gourmet breakfast prepared by Doreen!). The backyard is very nice, with lawn chairs and a fire pit. It was just so enjoyable to sit there, enjoy the sun, and read while listening to the waves.
We will certainly be back.

Travelling group: Couples
Raffy E
Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect Introduction to the Sunshine Coast!”
Reviewed 6 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Our stay at Absolute Heaven was a fantastic introduction to the beautiful Sunshine Coast. My parents and I had never been to this area before, so the bar has been set pretty high after our stay at Doug and Doreen's beautiful home in Sechelt.

The room we had was very spacious and could easily accommodate the three of us (two in the bedroom, and I had the pull-out bed). The suite was stocked with more than what I've come to expect from most hotels: essential toiletries in the bathroom and plenty of towels for both indoor and outdoor use, robes and bedroom slippers for all three of us, topped with chocolates on the pillows; and the kitchen had a basket of snacks and plenty of coffee and tea, in addition to the complimentary bottle of wine sitting on the kitchen table.

Absolute Heaven also had a hot tub on the premises that had a great elevated view of the beachfront and surrounding water which I took full advantage of my first night there, easily watching the sun set from the property's ample south-facing vantage point. A narrow pebble path also wound down to a private beach area where an umbrella-shaped hut provided shade to a bevy of beach and lawn chairs for both adults and small children. A neat patch of lawn blended down to a sandy area with a fire pit that was available for guests to use, and the space was festooned with "shipwreck" decor that was both quaint and actually well curated, which really helped with the area's overall vibe.

There's a surprisingly well-stocked gym available on the premises--no treadmill though, but that's likely due to space constraints--and a small collection of VHS tapes and DVDs in addition to the flatscreen TV and satellite cable in the suite.

We opted to get a fresh hot breakfast served to us by Doreen on our last day and we were not disappointed. She started off breakfast with a plate of plums (straight from her garden) with a warm sweet glaze and whipped cream, which was then followed by a rich serving of eggs benedict and home fries. The highlight of the breakfast, however, was her homemade cranberry-blueberry muffin cakes with a side of butter. (To be honest, I may have actually gotten that description wrong since I practically wolfed the dessert down after tasting how good it was!)

Doug and Doreen made our stay pleasant and worry-free. They were available when we needed them but were also very keen about giving us ample privacy. Doug helped out with great recommendations on activities and even got a rate quote for us from the local golfing club. I'd definitely recommend a stay here and would most certainly recommend this place to friends if they're ever in the area!

Angela S
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Fantastic place- LOVED IT!”
Reviewed 3 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

We are fairly seasoned travelers and by far this is one of our favorite spots. Absolutely gorgeous grounds. Our suite was amazing, fireplace, had an amazing ocean view, private yard, hot tub overlooking the ocean, complimentary wine, chocoloates, huge 900 sq ft suite. BBQ on deck. His and Hers comfy robes and slippers , huge kitchen and the bathroom was like a spa. Before we left, we looked to book in the summer. LOVED IT, great value!!

Kelsey D
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“A real Gem!”
Reviewed 30 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Stayed at Absolute Heaven with my wife and 9 year old daughter for 2 nights in May 2013. We had never been to the Sunshine Coast before and went just to explore and escape the busy streets of Vancouver. Doug and Doreen have one of the nicest spots we have ever stayed at. It was very central to the entire area and a great base to explore from. We stayed in the Islandview Cottage which truly has the most remarkable views of the water and nearby Trail Islands. The cottage was modern, clean, comfortable and well appointed with everything one could want to make it feel just like home. The little extras like complimentary snacks and a bottle of wine made it obvious our hosts really enjoy providing the best possible experience for their guests. The landscaping and grounds throughout the entire property are amazing and the hot tub overlooking the water is something you have to do. Our daughter just loved playing in the sand on the beach and poking around in the rocks for critters at low tide. Our daughter has been wanting to catch a crab and being a prairie boy from AB I haven't been too successful in helping her with that around Vancouver but Doug pointed us in the right direction and even provided the "right bait". Needless to say we were successful and enjoyed an amazing crab feast with some local produce from the Farmers market and the complimentary bottle of wine to round out the meal. It was a much needed break for our family and I would not hesitate to recommend Absolute Heaven to anyone. Thanks Doug and Doreen for a wonderful stay and for offering up your beautiful home for others to enjoy!

HennyKarb...
“Just Heavenly good!!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We were looking for a short May weekend trip some where close by , quite and nice at the Beach , when we arrived at the Absolute Heaven Suits my 13 year old son said :mom that is like a dream home ,we had 2 days of wonderful weather, sunshine, great location, fantastic ocean view and nice organized and clean Suite. The hot tub , the garden and the peace just perfect for the us !!
We would love to go back again at any time , it feels like home away from home. thanks to Doreen & Doug

Rooms Location
Cleanliness Service
Dave U
Coquitlam, Canada
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 15 May 2013 for a stay in July 2012

I stayed here 3 nights with my family july of last year and we had a blast! First of all the breakfasts were amazing and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We walked on the beach (my daughter loved looking for crabs on the beach), went for a hike at smuggler's cove (the next day), and I had a chance to stand up paddle board and kayak. It was an amazing trip and coming back to absolute heaven b and b felt like home. Hopefully we can make it back again this year!!

Maritimeg...
Langley City, Canada
“Perfect Weekend Getaway!”
Reviewed 29 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 8 year old son in April 2013 and I have nothing but amazing things to say about this location. My husband was a bit nervous about staying at a B&B. He didn’t like the idea of staying in a stranger’s home. We rented the Islandview Cottage. It was perfect for us. It was very private and had everything we needed. The attention to detail was amazing. We were provided with complementary snacks and a lovely bottle of wine. The view was absolutely amazing. The grounds were adorably kept. Doug, the owner, was very friendly and very helpful in suggesting things for our family to do. We would definitely stay here again.

Travelling group: Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing