“Eggs florentine to rival any other”
Review of Sirens By The Sea Steakhouse - CLOSED

Sirens By The Sea Steakhouse
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Mission, Canada
“Eggs florentine to rival any other”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I recently visited the Sunshine Coast for the first time and had breakfast on my last day at Siren's in Davis Bay. While the decor could really use an update and the outdoor patio is a little loud, the waitress was great and the "Vegetarian Benedict" was one of the best I've ever had. Fresh spinach, a perfectly toasted English muffin, and home-made fresh daily hollandaise sauce all combined to make this an outstanding breakfast entree. My friend ordered the special and he said it was great as well. Keep up the good work. I'll be back.

Visited August 2013

Gibsons, Canada
“Great food”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We went back to Sirens after not having been there for over a year. The last few times were less than a great experience, however this time the food was absolutely fabulous! We ordered the fish and chips, the mussels with curry coconut sauce and a Caesar salad. They were all over the top fantastic, even the Caesar salad was to die for with tons of bacon and yummy sauce. The fish and chips were the best we have ever had on the Sunshine Coast, and the mussels were heavenly in a sauce that I didn't think would work -- but I was very wrong. Best mussels we have had. The service was very slow, but the servers were all polite and accommodating, and of course the view is always fantastic.

• Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“slow service, dirty restaurant, food mediocre at best”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Last night 5 of us (2 seniors) had dinner at "Sirens" to celebrate my husband's birthday. We arrived and were seated on time at our reserved table outside. Our server arrived to take our drink order about 15 min. later and said they were short-staffed. That was obvious. There was no one to clean up tables as people left, and all evening the tables were beside us were piled high with dirty plates and glasses as people left. There was a mix-up with our wine. Our server said they were "out of" red wine glasses and had to serve our red wine in white wine glasses (while dirty red wine glasses sat all around us --). She finally delivered our wine after 1/2 hour and our dinner took another 1/2 hour to arrive. My son could not eat his steak as he ordered a "medium-rare" steak and it was overdone. My crab cakes were so full of cumin that was all I could taste, and my caesar salad was very tired and old. Now, we are not "fussy" and hardly ever complain, but this was too much. Our server kept complaining to us and did her best to help us (but was slow nonetheless). She did deduct the price of my son's meal which was appreciated. My biggest complaint however, is the whole place was really dirty, especially the floors, inside and out! We ended up giving our server her proper tip (aprox. 15%) as most of the problems were not her fault. My feeling is this place is very poorly managed. With a little money spent on extra staff to serve AND CLEAN, I think in such a great location, they could attract a lot more business. I am surprised none of us got sick from the food. The only way I would deal with them again is to use their takeout for fish & chips. I know this was a busy Sat. night but they should have been prepared.

• Visited July 2013
Summerland, Canada
“Very good fish and chip!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We never ate in the restaurant but we had take out and it was fast and the food was very good. Always good service weather we are ordering there or over the phone. Nothing bad to say. The Fish and Chip halibut is ridiculous. Its so thick and so juicy and very very good. The coconut prawns were also very good. Good fries too. Next we want to try the ribs cause apparently they smoke them in house. Yum. The vew is quite nice so I would think it would be nice to eat outside.

• Visited July 2013
Sechelt, Canada
“Poor management”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We've been to Sirens on a few occasions, each time going away with reservations about going back due to the time it took for the meals to be served after ordering. That is until our last visit. We and some friends went to the restaurant for lunch on a Sunday afternoon at about 12:30. The restaurant was not busy...perhaps 3 tables inside and 2 tables outside had customers. It took a few minutes to be greeted by the server. Once we were ready to order, two of us ordered the spinach salad, and were promptly told that the restaurant was out of spinach(on the regular menu), which we then changed to a garden salad, the others ordered a sandwich/fries. Simple requests, we thought. About 45 minutes later the server came out to apologize for the long wait, saying the 'cook' phoned in sick and the owner is preparing meals in the kitchen..."there is nothing I can do, and wouldn't blame you if you wanted to go somewhere else". At that point, we'd waited that long and if we went somewhere else we'd be well into the middle of the afternoon. The meals arrived 1 hour after the order was placed. There was a problem with the order...of course.....more waiting. After we finished the meal we expected that the owner would have come out to apologize or have the server offer a discount or dessert or something for our inconvenience.....NOTHING. When I went up to pay the tab, I told the server that we have had other occasions of poor service but this one topped them all and we would not be back. It seems that the management doesn't care about losing customers....and to that I say "good luck" to anyone who wants to dine there in the future.

Visited June 2013