“Cozy and friendly, even if a bit slow.”
Review of Sirens By The Sea Steakhouse - CLOSED

Sirens By The Sea Steakhouse
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vancouver
“Cozy and friendly, even if a bit slow.”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My boyfriend and I came for dinner, and having been previously told that service was "leisurely" by the woman that recommended us to Sirens by the Sea, we weren't in any rush. If you are in a crazy hurry, this isn't the place for you - but if you're comfortable grabbing a bottle of wine and conversing over the course of a couple hours, it's definitely worth a try.

We loved the sizzling garlic prawns plate - fresh, buttery and definitely very hot. Both our steaks were cooked very well and weren't over seasoned or too salty (which I often have problems with) - just good, properly cooked steaks. Tasty and not terribly overpriced, either. We ended up being way too full for dessert, after having split two appetizers and each having had our own steak, as well as a couple glasses of wine.

Admittedly, the service was slow - we waited a long while to have our plates taken from us at the end of the meal, and even longer to have our wine glasses refilled. However our food was always hot when it got to the table - it is less a matter of service, I think, and more a matter of under staffing or a slow kitchen. Always remember that you will receive better service and a better experience if you're understanding toward your server.

I think with a bit of updating and a few more staff members this place could be really, really nice.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Morgan C

“Eh”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Great food, servers are great but takes for ever for food. Owners need to get their act together. Took an hour to get fed. Sucks

Gibsons, Canada
“Breakfast is horrible !”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Usually I go here for drinks and dinner on the patio and service is usually good unless it's busy so be prepared to wait but a friend and I decided to go for breakfast...one of the worst experiences I have ever had . My food came with the bacon mushy and my barely cooked sausage made my stomach turn. The server failed to acknowledge we needed coffee so I went up to ask her and she was on her cell phone texting . After that she continued ignore us while there was only one other table in the restaurant. After I had ccomplained about the food she still kept it in the bill and rolled her eyes at us . Horrible experience . Perhaps this server is new because generally it is a good experience but Annika should probably be trained a little more on polite customer service and how to fix a situation like that properly. I have worked in the serving industry and a bad experience like that can seriously ruin a reputation if it continues . Good staff is the backbone of any establishment.

• Visited August 2014
Sechelt, Canada
“Great lunch”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stop here often, with friends and/or family. Breakfast and lunches are great. Everything is presented beautifully and staff is really caring. We have had a couple of dinners there but were not impressed.

You can have a nice walk on Davis Bay pier and promenade after your meal.

• Visited July 2014
Langley, Canada
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great food and staff. Enjoyed our stay, would recommend! Attached to the Inn. Very convenient....................................

Visited February 2014