“Terrible service”

Gibsons, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I enjoy coming here because there is little options on the coast for a good well priced breakfast. The service is absolutely terrible. Waiting over 40 minutes when the restaurant is dead. It's disappointing. The waitresses serving have no customer service skills while the others that should be working just sit around eating & gossiping not doing their job. The atmosphere is extremely negative. Hire a new staff that would benefit to the business not lazy, non personable, lousy employees.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gibsonsgal

Sechelt, Canada
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've always liked the Ricky's chain for brunch and lunch. We go here a lot as it has one of the more varied menus in the area and a good kid's menu, and the food is always consistently tasty. Good portions and reasonably priced. The downside is that the service is always soooooo slow, so don't come here if you've limited time or are really hungry and need feeding within 20 minutes of ordering.

Visited February 2014
“Had just what I felt like, and done perfectly.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Good food and great service in a nice atmosphere. I would not hesitate to eat here again, or recommend it to anyone.

• Visited July 2013
Vancouver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“revolting food but at least the service is lousy”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

It was a holiday and the other places in town were closed so we thought that since it's pretty hard to screw up breakfast that we'd give the ill-famed Ricki's a try. I ordered eggs bene. They got the egg part right. Instead of back bacon, they just stacked up ham luncheon meat topped with an egg. That's tolerable, I suppose. But the sludge that is supposed to pass for hollandaise was absolutely revolting. I think it was chicken gravy, I really do. It had a brown gelatinous consistency. Whatever it was it wasn't hollandaise sauce. I scraped it off the egg, ignored the rubbery, cold hash browns and ate the pedestrian fruit salad because I was starving.

The only other time we went to Ricki's we were one of only three couples there. Despite not having anything to do, they managed to take 45 minutes to bring us our burgers and didn't even apologize for the delay. It seemed they didn't think there had been a delay. Really lousy service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TravelShyGirl
Sechelt, Canada
“A good place to eat.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Ricky's is part of a chain of eateries. A nice family resturant with a good menu and good service. Lots of free parking.

Visited July 2013