“Perfect little getaway”

Ranked #1 of 26 Sechelt B&B and Inns
Surrey, Canada
“Perfect little getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

My girlfriend and I purchased the living social deal for this B&B and have nothing but good things to say about Tranquility and Ray and Liz. They are very friendly hosts and made sure our stay was as enjoyable as it could possibly be. The Knotty Pine cabin is the smallest accommodation available but felt warm and cozy. Liz cooked us 2 delicious breakfasts which included a baked pancake that we must get the recipe for. The view of the water was breathtaking and we enjoyed watching it from the dock and the hot tub. There's even Netflix in the room which I used to my full advantage to introduce my girlfriend to Breaking Bad.

Liz even gave us a tour of the other rooms when we were leaving, which will make it easier for us to decide where to stay the next time we're back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brianso1987

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

My girlfriend and I just got back from a 2-night stay at this magical B&B. We were both craving a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, and this was the perfect place to go to. Their property is breath-taking! Sitting on their dock and staring out into the tranquil waters was exactly what we needed to unwind. We stayed in the Ocean View suite, which was really spacious and had an amazing view of the water. Each suite here is really wonderful in its own way, and the property itself is breathtaking, spotless and perfectly maintained. Breakfast in the morning was such a treat as the owners, Liz and Ray, are both excellent cooks. They really should consider opening up a restaurant-- the food was not only delicious, but also very filling. What made this B&B so special was that we had complete privacy the whole time, but Liz and Ray were always around if ever we needed anything. They are the most considerate hosts and really do everything to make your stay as perfect as possible. They went over and beyond what we could have expected-- people like that are hard to come by these days. Thanks for an epic time in Sechelt-- we can't wait to return to this perfect haven.

Room Tip: The Sun Spirit Room is on the lower level of the house and is 900 square feet, newly renovated suite...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
woonsen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

we loved the delicious breakfasts overlooking the water. Hiking, kayaking, beach combing is all right there. The hosts are warm and welcoming as was the crackling wood fireplace. Looking forward to returning one day soon.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

My husband and I just spent 3 nights in the sea breeze suite. WOW!!! We were only suppose to stay 2 nights, but extended our stay. It was so peaceful and at the same time fun. We had a pool table and a yoga room to ourselves. It was so nice to have netflix, as well as our own bar. We are going back again very soon. The hosts were very nice and the breakfast was always delicious. My favorite was the fruit quinoa. Yummy!
The grounds were kept so perfect. I honestly could say there was nothing wrong with the cottage or our stay. Thank you Liz and Ray for an amazing time.

Room Tip: Sea Breeze Room was the best!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I bought a two night stay on Living Social for my husband's 40th birthday.

We stayed at the Knotty Pine cabin and whilst I can see what some reviewers meant about it being 'cozy', it was a great spot! It's B&B and the breakfast is worth the price. I would say that I found the prices to be a bit on the high side but after the two days, the service and the food - there's clearly a reason for the prices to be as they are.

Liz and Ray apparently bought this place at the end of last summer and whilst Ray wasn't there while we were, Liz was and she did a brilliant job!

We were arriving late because we had some friend's to see in Robert's Creek and Liz sent me a text to welcome me, let me know she was out that night but also to give me instructions on how to get there, how to get in etc etc. Awesome, personal touch!

The view from the cabin is amazing and Liz was prompt at 9am with our first course for breakfast. She brought a little bottle of proseco as a 'happy birthday' for my husband which we both thought was very sweet indeed. The second course wasn't far behind and both dishes were absolutely amazing (so much so that we took pictures!).

The hot tub was fantastic (the only thing I could fault here is that the cover opens in such a way that you can't see the water - I would have turned it around so that your view is the water, not the main building. But if that's my only complaint - this place has it made!)

We had no problems with cleanliness at all. The place was great.....the layout was a bit awkard and they might have been able to use the space better in the cabin but we're not fussed - we're still in the honeymoon stage and more than happy to be cooped up in a cozy little cabin with a woodburning fireplace. Our idea of heaven!!

We're already deciding when to go back!!!

Room Tip: The cabin is cozy but its own building. The other two rooms are in the main building and won't...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

My wife treated us to a weekend getaway in rainy November for my b'day. What a treat. An entire weekend of rain didn't' stop us from enjoying all that this place has to offer. Spectacular scenery, Baliesque hot tub, waters-edge tranquility and 5star hotel comfort.

Our little spot was attached to the main house yet had it own private entrance and stellar deck with view. Liz delivered gourmet food to us each morning and was a treat to chat with. We knew there were others staying in the B & B as well but with each having it's own area your really feel you've got the place to yourself.

The big bed was super comfy, there was tons of storage for anything you'd bring along and the Big soaker-tub was nice warm up after a walk in the rain. We loved the open concept (toilet too) room so much that we ordered in delicious food www.saffronrestaurant.ca each night for dinner instead of heading into Sechelt. We are normally very active/out and about kind of people but this was a pleasant change of pace for us.

We just got married this summer and haven't been able to get away for an official "honeymoon". I know this was a b'day treat for me but our time spent here felt more like a honeymoon. Well be back for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

My husband and stayed in the Knotty Pine for our 10 year wedding anniversary. It is a gorgeous spot and we enjoyed it through several rainy storms in November! A great place for anytime of year. The knotty pine had a great wood burning fire and was cozy with stunning unobstructed views (Reading through a few other comments... I saw no cobwebs (all cleared), Netflix was available and we watched a great new movie (re-booting it often helps if it says unavailable). Windows were sparkly. ). Liz makes awesome breakfasts and both Liz and Ray make you feel welcome while offering loads of privacy. This is a great spot for both B&B goers or those like us who feel shy about the B&B concept... no pressure to be social but surely available if you like.
It's a great spot... We'd look forward to going again!!!
Also: Daphne's Greek food spot 15mins away was delicious and the service perfect!

Room Tip: Review room types to suit your style. Knotty pine was private and sweet
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sechelt
Painted Boat Resort
#1 of 1 in Halfmoon Bay
At The Shore B&B
At The Shore B&B
#3 of 26 in Sechelt

Been to Tranquility Bay Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!