Tzoonie Wilderness Resort & Adventures
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sechelt
See available hotels
View Hotel
The Stonewater Motel(Madeira Park)
View Hotel
All reviewshot showersea asparagusboat rideoysterscrabartfraserpugbioluminescenceanetamollyharvestsummertentsnaturedockvancouver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

What a wonderful 4 days spent at this beautiful spot, I really did not want to leave. The peace and tranquility is something I don't find very often and I appreciated every minute of it. Art, Aleta and Good Golly Miss Molly are perfect hosts. And Fraser, appreciated your guiding, oyster harvesting skills and the beatiful trip there and back even if the other boat beat us! I will be back for sure to enjoy the nature and the peace and the quiet of being totally technology free.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Thank you Art and Aleta for sharing Tzoonie. Just like our previous visit, we had a fantastic time! It is a wonderous place filled with "ohh's and ahhhhh's" for the magnificent offerings of Mother Nature. Tzoonie gave us peace and wonderment, but nothing matches the absolute joy my son had catching Rock Cod! My husband returned to enjoy the smoked oysters and you made converts out of my son (9yrs) and me. Thank again, we will return.

Ginger, Richard and Spencer

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GLbcont
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed for a weekend and wish we stayed much longer. This place is AMAZING!!! It's location is close to the town but feels so far away. The hosts are wonderful people and their dog Molly is a real gem!
We had unlimited oysters that we picked from the shore! I can't explain how awesome this place is. You'll have to see for yourself!!! Thank you again so much for an amazing time!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Now that my little girl has grown up, we can all enjoy the camp. This little "jewel" of a spot always amazes me with the upgrade in amenities every year. The hosts Art and Aleta are always the most accommodating people I ever met, even though we do not need much attention.

The two have been good friends to my family for many years. I have been to this camp more than 6 times in my life. When you get there, just sit and relax and enjoy the view. The peace and serenity will just do your body good. Many activities at the camp will keep you busy. If you can't stand to get a little dirty as you are near a beach, find something else. They have flushing toilets and hot showers just to mention.

For beginners, a short 2 night , 3 day trip is all you need. But for us, we go longer. I just truly love this place. I have known the hosts for over 10 years! Please remember this is a camp spot location and hence for my ratings.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

For us city dwellers in the Far East in Hong Kong, Tzoonie was truly a "piece of heaven" for us. There were just an "abundance" of everything from oysters, fishes, fresh air, sunshine, tranquility, smiles and friendship. We had a very enjoyable time re-connecting with nature and with family and friends. Art and Aleta were great hosts and together with Gary, we learned a lot about nature and to respect the environment, much more than we could learn from books alone.

This is one place where you can truly feel at home, as one holistically with nature, without borders, high tech gadgets, or any commercial tourism. Take your family, friends, your hunger for the outdoors and go. You will not regret it, we certainly didn't. As hard as it is for me, living in Hong Kong, please leave your iPhone and iPad at home, the only piece of high tech gadget you need is your camera to capture the beauty and abundance of this place.

One of the lasting memories we had, was the near "mirror image" of the mountains and the moon off the surface of the tranquil waters of the inlet, even at night. It was almost magical to us. The peace, tranquility, and isolation of this wonder place, made this all possible. We certainly look forward to returning one day, despite being mindful of the long 13 hour trans-Pacific flight, to re-connecting with nature, and to catching up with old friends.

William Siu
Hong Kong
at Tzoonie Aug 6-9, 2012

p.s. Note: the "When did you travel?" only had a date going as far back as Dec 2012, but we were at Tzoonie in August 2012.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family