“Disappointed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sechelt
Beach Hideaway Bed and Breakfast & Spa
Ranked #5 of 27 Sechelt B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The lady who runs this B&B was very nice and welcoming and the suite was comfortable with a lovey view.
The problem was the breakfast or lack of it. I travel on business and often choose to stay in B&B's. When I arrived at this one the lady asked what time I would like breakfast. When I told her that I would need to eat by 715 am she said "Oh I don't do breakfasts before 830 am". So I basically only got the bed and was not even offered a discount for this! Had to go to Ricky's restaurant for breakfast instead!
I did however manage to have a breakfast on one of the mornings there and was NOT impressed. It was basically an average omelette served in the microwave container that it was cooked in, and 2 small overcooked waffles with some whip cream, strawberries and blue berries. NOT gourmet at all. I'm no chef but could have done a much better job.
I have stayed at other B&B's in Sechelt and have had great GOURMET breakfasts at ANY time that I request without question.
Also there is no thermostat temperature control so almost impossible to keep the temperature at a comfortable level.
I will not be coming back to this one. I will stick to the other Sechelt B&B's I have used in the past. I suggest that you also look at other ones as well. For this rate, you can definitely get more for your dollar in Sechelt.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
oceanexperience, Owner at Beach Hideaway Bed and Breakfast & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Hi Chris,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with my breakfast. This is the first complaint that I've have in 5 years of being in the B&B business. Other guests have praised my breakfast. I'm sorry that I did not come up to your expectations. I will endeavour to do better.

Upon your arrival at the Beach Hideaway B&B I did say that I serve breakfast between 8:30 am to 10:00 am and when you requested that you would like it earlier, I try to accommodate you by serving breakfast to you at 8:00 am the first morning of your stay. For the second morning you came to me and said that you would not be requiring breakfast as you needed to check out by 7:00 am.

The Sunset Suite is heated by the gas fireplace and I showed you how to control the heat with the control knob on the fireplace.
I try to do my very best to accommodate and be of service to my guest, once again I apologize that I fell short for you.

Beach Hideaway B&B

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed in the Sea to Sky Loft this weekend and it was amazing. Every detail was carefully chosen to maximize guest experience, and was extremely luxurious. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom was gorgeous! A rare find to be able to soak in a beautiful claw-foot tub with the fireplace on, staring out at the ocean. We will be back!

Room Tip: The Sea to Sky loft is on the top floor and it comes with a private deck with outdoor gas firepit...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
oceanexperience, Owner at Beach Hideaway Bed and Breakfast & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Hi Stephanie,
Thank you for your great review! My future guest will appreciate all that you wrote as well. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay in the Sea to Sky Loft!

I hope all goes well with your soon to be addition to your family!

It was my pleasure to be of service to you!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This past weekend we stayed in the Eagle Suite at Beach Hideaway- what a treat. The suite was clean and beautiful and luxurious. The breakfasts were ample and delicious! We loved them. And there is nothing like being just a walk down a beautiful wooden staircase to the beach. We grabbed glasses of wine and drank them sitting on a driftwood log as the sun set. The bed was super comfy and from our pillows we had a huge view of ocean- divine. We LOVED the bathroom- the many headed shower was a treat as was the gorgeous roomy soaker tub which was romantic and relaxing. What with utilizing those as well as the outdoor hot tub, we had a weekend of hydrotherapy! Next time we will have to avail ourselves of the massage treatments and infared sauna! We were a quick drive to great restaurants and hikes. Thank you Marsha, for a great stay. Dawn and Chris.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Dawn,
Thank you and I appreciate the time you took to write your great review! Also it will be most helpful to my future guest in their decision making.
I'm so glad to hear that you and Chris had a great stay at the Beach Hideaway in the Eagle Suite.

Hopefully we'll see you in the near future!

It was my pleasure to be of service to you!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Where to begin. The room, the view, the location, the hospitality, the breakfast, all incredible. We stayed in the eagles suite for 2 nights and were sad yo leave. A wonderful place to reconnect and relax. We will definitely be back some day, Thank you Marsha for your hospitality and the amazing breakfasts.
Chantal and Patrick

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
oceanexperience, Owner at Beach Hideaway Bed and Breakfast & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Hi Chantal and Patrick,
Thank you for your great review! My future guest and I really appreciate the time you took to write it.
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Eagle Suite. It was my pleasure to be of service to you and hopefully we'll see you again in the future!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

My fiance proposed to me on the lower deck of the Beach Hideaway overlooking the ocean at sunset this past Sunday! Our room was spectacular and the food was amazing! Marsha really does a wonderful job at making you feel welcome! I would recommend this spot anyone looking for a peaceful retreat or a romantic getaway. Thank you Marsha! It was a weekend i will never forget!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
oceanexperience, Owner at Beach Hideaway Bed and Breakfast & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Hi Laara & Robert,
Congratulations on your engagement! And it is nice to hear that Robert proposed at Sunset on the Beach at Beach Hideaway! I wish you a long and happy life together!

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. I very much appreciate it and I I know my future guests will appreciate your great view as well.

I hope to see you again...perhaps on an anniversary!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

My new wife and I were not certain about the elopement process but after our experience with Marsha at the Beach Hideaway B&B & Spa, we know we chose the right path! First, the setting is amazing. You are right on the water and so the scenery is beautiful and you have access to fantastic sunsets.

Second, the whole experience was stress free! Romy and I booked with Marsha and she took care of the rest of the arrangements. She booked us a marriage commissioner to come to the Beach Hideaway! Marsha also arranged for two witnesses for us as we came alone. We only had to obtain the marriage licence prior to arrival (super easy to do).

Our ceremony was beautiful, on a deck overlooking the ocean (about 25 feet away) and you can even get married right on the beach if you like! We relaxed before and after our wedding in the wonderful Sunset Suite and chilled and just enjoyed the weekend. The breakfasts were an unexpected bonus...absolutely delicious and first class. One morning was eggs benedict, fried potatoes, muffins, juice, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. The next morning we were served the most scrumptious hearty omelette, waffles with fresh fruit, juice, etc.

We had the most special weekend and it was better than we could imagine. Thank you Marsha for making this a day (and weekend) we will never forget.

Plus, plus, plus Marsha acted as our photographer during the ceremony and we have fabulous photos that speak a thousand words plus.

Highly recommend this if you are looking for a romantic, stress free and special quiet marriage without all the fuss.

Kevin & Romy

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
oceanexperience, Owner at Beach Hideaway Bed and Breakfast & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Hi Romy and Kevin,
Thank you for your wonderful review. It was my honour and pleasure to host your wedding celebration! It did my heart good to see so much in love shared between you two and to see you express your feelings at an emotional time!

I wish you a long and happy life to-gether and hopefully we'll see you again, perhaps on one of your anniversaries!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We spent two days here, loved it. The room was beautiful, food was excellent, and an amazing ocean view. The grounds are beautifully kept, and very private. Marsha is an excellent host. We will be back again sometime.

Room Tip: The Sunset Room was beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Sandy,
Thank you for your great review....much appreciated.Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Sunset Suite and it was great to be of service to you!

Thanks again and hopefully we'll see you again in the future!